eBay stuff (Part 1)

He’s been trying to sell them for ages but the price seems decent to me.

1 Like

These have been up intermittently for a couple of years. Unless the seller is very thick skinned by this point a cheeky offer may be tempting?
The all ceramic drivers may not be to everyone’s taste but if these were Alnico the price would be considerably higher. If they are local it might be worth going and having a listen.

1 Like

I’m tempted by one of these :thinking:

Have a word with @Spider to see if he can make an add on pack to the Velvet Vortex?

I bought one built by @Spider. It’s the best value upgrade i’ve ever had. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fug to the ly.

Shuster seller.

Hi JB
I’m happy to build you a Velvet Vortex if you are interested in an ultrasonic record cleaning machine. The feedback I’ve had has been very positive. If you check out the thread on here you’ll be able to read the feedback from forum members who are using them.
I have played with different drying techniques and to be honest there is so little fluid left on the vinyl at the end of the cleaning cycle using a fan to dry it is something you don’t really need to do, all it does is spray the bit of remaining fluid all over the place. Using a drying rack is the easiest way to dry them after cleaning.
Some of my customers have used a vac if they had a scrub and vac system and I sometimes use a KAB KV1 if I’m in a hurry but most of the time air drying is more than adequate.
If you are interested or have any questions send me a PM.

1 Like

If I hadn’t have already spunked money on a s/h Audiodesk I’d definitely be having one of Spiders VVs :+1:

£18 and only necessary if you are in too much of a hurry for an air dry. Only a little fluid remains on the edge as it is lifted out of the bath. 90% + of the surface is already clear. Hold the spindle and work the vac along the bottom edge. Job done. Even SWMBO is impressed with the results so much so that she has satrted looking for Charity shop vinyl to feed her Glen Campbell addiction.

2 Likes

No idea if it’s good value but may be of interest to a diy’er

http://www.sora-shop.com/Customized-Products/Custom-Turntable-Cover.html

2 Likes

Never got these, like the look, but the sound, meh.

2 Likes

Want.

But the silver ones.

Having said that they were £5000 a pair when I started wanting. Looks like they’re more like £6.5k now.

These are much better and cheaper.

3 Likes

Avantgardes?

Yes, Solo’s, what I have like. Mine are black with the glass bottomed stand (1st version of the stand).

1 Like

Nice, cheers.

It’s a shame they don’t make them any more.

I bought mine second hand in Germany from a dealer, who had re-capped them at Avantgarde. A nice pair with the stand is about £3.5K. They are active with the power amps strapped to the back, good down to about 35Hz, with adjustable treble and bass.

I have had mine 3 1/2 years now, getting on for one of the few to last that long in my main system. (others were Carver Amazing Platignum, PMC AB2 and Rodgers Studio 2 (the big version))

2 Likes