eBay stuff (Part 1)

Unusual name ‘Platignum’

They used to make pens, didn’t they?

3 Likes

What speakers did you replace them with Bob?

Replace, ha ha, no I have bought another pair to try. Ensemble Primadonna in a lovely black (they all come in black).

ensemble

Ha, just like the Model T!

Thought you were looking at big JBLs at one point?

I was, decided to be sensible. They need to be away from the walls, and I can’t do that in this gaff.

I would have thought that the Primadonna Gold would have been more up your strasse Bob

1 Like

The Gold followed the standard one, a replacement model. Not fecking cheap either of them, £10K I think new for the Primadonna and £12k for the Primadonna Gold.

Either way bloody rare and I love Ensemble speakers and their relatives Zellaton. Both are stupid expensive.

yes heard these audio acoustic k2 years ago and they were rather special , i was shocked at the size of the audio acoustic mains cables which would anchor a large ship if they were used as ropes !!

Have these been commented on?

No. But I’ll start,

Meh

2 Likes

You can get the covers off a guy on ebay who is selling them for £100.

Some idiot has pimped them and as a lover of some Meridians (M3 mainly), not my bag the M10. Not a lot of extra bottom end from a M2 really.

They also occupy a lot of real estate.

Good price for IBX-R2

1 Like

Big? Tick
Ugly? Tick
Meridian actives? Tick.

They could well be my perfect speakers…

I think they look stupendous. You would need the right house / pad.

Regardless of the looks, if they’ve had the same quality treatment inside they should be pretty good. But a lot more than I’d be willing to pay for them.

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/search.html?term=SIOUXSIE+AND+THE+BANSHEES&utm_campaign=TheSoundofVinylMidweek2208220818&utm_content=UMGUK12973-573568&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Email

2 Likes

Thanks for posting

1 Like

Not a brand I’m a fan of, but despite that I’m impressed.