eBay stuff (Part 1)

Maybe at 100% distortion?

2 Likes

Its a 12" driver with a 400w amp, it wont do 116db at 16hz unless its magic like shatki stones.

1 Like

Bobs sub will knock your socks off

2 Likes

Wrong, itā€™s two 12" drivers with 2 x 400W in isobarik config. I donā€™t think you realise just how powerful it is until you are in the same room.

I know it has 2 drivers, adding drivers does not make a sub go lower, it makes it go louder. A 12" cone in that size box with 400w will never do 112db at 16hz, Im sure its a great sub and fuck off loud, but an infrasonic beast, it is not.

http://www.baudline.com/erik/bass/wsr_sub_comparison.html

This chart shows a max spl of 88db at 15hz, with max output of 110db at 30hz, which would be about right.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a 32ft Contra Posaune on the pedals in Lincoln cathedral. That goes down to 16Hz. Iā€™m not sure how loud it is in dB but if you happen to be walking through the tunnel under the organ screen when itā€™s playing there can be resonances which make your teeth hurt (voice of experience). You can hear Rick Wakeman giving it the beans from about 17:50 here (well you canā€™t hear the 16Hz, obviously, but the rest gives some impression of what it can do)

VB

Keep in mind that 2 12" drivers in isobarik configuration wonā€™t really add any output compared to one of the subs outside of the minimal increase seen by having twice as much power handling.

There is no way that the MX5000 approaches 112dB at 16hz. Itā€™s a lovely sub, but thatā€™s impossible.

Oops, I forgot its pushpull. Bottom firing driver. Still, itā€™s not going to come close to 112dB. :slight_smile:

Killer bass

2 Likes

Be careful or the Punstapo will be after youā€¦:smirk:

3 Likes

Nooooooo

2 Likes

My sub can blow light bulbs. I know because it took four out in the Mordaunt Short listening room whilst I was fine-tuning the limiter circuitā€¦

1 Like

this might be good , they have stopped making the g series now

price seems a bit too cheap though .

these have been on second hand hi fi site for years now so finally on ebay . be interesting to see what they sell for

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/asara-acoustics-hl6-loudspeakers/

Yep, looks cheap considering the vast over pricing by Absolute Sounds in the UK. The ā€˜lookā€™ went down with the people buying it like a lead balloon. Expect to see the new ā€˜lookā€™ a sort or return to normal ARC.

Itā€™s like Tannoy not making wardrobes in dark wood.

I much prefer the look to the old AR stuff.

Reminds me of old Sugden with a bigger fascia

Iā€™ll bet itā€™s cheaper to make than the older 8mm aluminium panels - and price inflation seems to have got the better of ARC about the same time as the new look. Me, I like 6550s and black handles - especially when thereā€™s four of ā€˜em

wonder what these will go for , simon has had them for some years now on his site

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aspara-Acoustics-HL6-Loudspeakers/192635467913?hash=item2cd9f7f889:g:c2cAAOSwQb1a~qwV

Brand new brand new shiny things, silver toe and finger bands for my ladies.

:first_quarter_moon: :sunglasses: :last_quarter_moon:

New photo by B 2T

Gothicaudio

2 Likes