eBay stuff (Part 1)

Audioflea had a pair at Scalford that I baby sat for a few hours. They’re pretty good - the bass unit is decent and the tweeter is great. It’s not cheap for them though, IMO.

1 Like

Blimey I sold my pair for under £500. They’re easy to make, and you can use the Saba green cones that are also available.

£10k, retail of €11.5k, so at mid-market rates that’s a discount of 2.3% for being a year old.

I think I’d have kept the original retail price to myself.

1 Like

Your version of those sounded fantastic at a fraction of the cost :heart_eyes:

They have a RAAL dipole tweeter in them - About £2K a pair.

I imagine that the RAAL is fantastic, but the Saba was surprisingly sweet. Especially considering how shit it looked.

Awesome speakers, but well overpriced. Had mine for years now and going nowhere if I can help it.

Got mine from Sodders who immediately regretted selling them, but was still besotted with his Triangles at the time. His loss, my gain :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought they were the same as yours.

@chelseadave

:rofl: Accliamed by who?

Whom

1 Like

Thanks Bob but I’m building my own - the KOKO Kalm Platform.

The Acclaimers?

1 Like

Accliamers

yes i saw that listing too !!!

Pretty damn good speakers, the ribbon covers most of the frequencies, I owned an earlier version and regret selling them tbh.

If I had the space I would buy, but I don’t.

The amps he’s selling from Carver are a bit average, the speakers deserve much better amps.

Is that the same Carver that built the transistor amp to mimic the response of a high end valve amp in a test for Stereophile?

It will need a compressor but…

Probably best for people with some hearing loss, that way the sound of the compressor and of the escaping air won’t get irritating. Oh, hang on …

VB

1 Like