eBay stuff (Part 1)

He’s now open to offers!

The pre he sold has to be the uglyest pre I have ever seen.

Yes, the looks really let the stuff down.

That must have been a horror :scream: because the stuff he is selling now looks like it was thrown down a flight of stairs and then beaten soundly with the ugly stick :slightly_smiling_face:. Good job it all sounds decent enough.

The horror

1 Like

It’s a functional black box with things on it. Nowhere near as bad as some of the blinged up horrors elsewhere on here.

Did you buy it then? :scream:

True. But there’d be no pride of ownership.

Needs moar blue l.e.d.s, chrome 'n bling obviously but it is not that awful really. It just looks like something that was made in a shed (in the dark) by somebody who hates diy.

2 Likes

I think you would really struggle to find it in the dark :smiley: Needs an onyx base.

2 Likes

I am so impressed with the labels on the knobs to tell the casual user wtf they do. Can not believe people buy things like this and then wonder why they are a difficult sell.

2 Likes

“Legendary build quality”.

OK.

1 Like

Finishes tomorrow.

It’s not awful, just non descript. Makes Croft look like Devialet (slight exaggeration).

1 Like

It really is.

3 Likes

It was Bob who said it was awful. I agree about it being nondescript (:wink:) though. It verges on agricultural, but if it sounds good who really cares?

1 Like

For good quality newish valve monoblocs in good condition they’re a bargain. But for £1,500 you Could buy a shiny art audio valve amp which you’d covet.

This. The positioning of the knobs, transformers and valves is simply aesthetically unforgivable. I know that some people don’t have a sense for these things - just run it by someone who does.

2 Likes

Legendary could mean anything.

?

1 Like