Electric shavers :/

Ive used elec shavers for 20+ yrs. I have concluded the top spec Braun ones are the best for me, gets very close. Never rated Philips they are mediocre (had 2)

Regardless of brand, my advice is don’t buy cheap.

3 Likes

There you go, it’s waxing for you! Back, sack and crack and see if they will chuck a face wax in for a job lot! :joy:

1 Like

+1 Foil shavers are the way to go, rotating blade models can’t get as close!

1 Like

My Lidl one is a foil. It gets 99.9% I’d say. It is quicker imo. Plus the more regularly you use it the better it works.

I use a Panasonic ES LV 95 far and beyond better than the last 3 Phillips shavers I have had …but saying that I only use the Electric ones when I can’t be bothered to have a wet one…The Pano gets very close …

I have a Panasonic thing which I use when I have a beard and then follow up with sharp blades, because, generally, all electric shavers even the good ones are very similar to rubbing your face the edge of a fucking spoon.

Blah. Man up.

3 Likes

And this is how to do it, pay attention to point 4 in particular… :+1:

http://shavercheck.com/close-shave-tips/

I think you might have made a Freudian slip there - the razor blades are called Feather. Featherlite aren’t made of steel :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I was thinking the same when I put Featherlite, but yeah thats the seedy part of my brain mistaking different product names from the gentlemen’s aisle at the chemist :crazy_face:

Just make sure you don’t get confused and shave your knob with a johnny on your head :laughing:

I’m with the Braun fanbois…
I used to be a cutthroat user, which was a very close shave - often in more ways than one. Though I only actually cut myself once, and that was by dropping it on my toe.
So I started on Philishaves, Remington, Panasonic then Braun - found a series 3 worked for me, but last year I pushed the boat out and paid £73 (!) for a Braun 5040. And it was at least as good as the cutthroat, without the danger or stropping. Charge last at least 3 weeks, it’s quicker than the series 3 and needs a new foil head every 12-15 months at about £30. And if I really want to, I can use it in the shower with foam and other unguents…

So, if I get this correct, that’s not the way I’m supposed to be doing it???

1 Like

I’m going to take gyros kind offer in to the world of electric skimming.

most electric razors are ok for 3-6 months and then turn to shit. You need to replace the shave heads or foils at this point which costs an arm and a leg if you can find the buggers.
Wake up 5 minutes earlier and drag a proper DE or cutthroat over your face in the mornings.
Your other option is to cultivate a luxurious facial manbush and clipper it every week or so. You still have to replace the blades but not so often.

No!

Mmm Bush!

Bit late to the party, but if wet shaving’s the way forward after-all, I’ve got an unused handle plus about 2-dozen heads for a 4-bladed doodad by one of the big names which I got as a freebie from Ocado - the heads are too big for what I need (anus and legs mainly)…

I’ve got a 2 blade wet jobby but I’m just too bumfucklazy to use it everyday.

I wet shave every 3 days I won’t conform to this facist country’s rules

1 Like

Each to their own, I found it easier and quicker than twatting about with half-arsed leccy shaves :+1:

1 Like

totally lazy here as well, so I wet shave once in a blue moon when I fancy a change from the stubble.
use one of these stubble trimmers once or twice per week to keep things neat