Energy chat

You aren’t too keen on Winston Bumble fuck then?

Ah, bless.

Yeah? Bit fucking convenient how Boris Johnson’s views on Piccaninies with Watermelon smiles and Muslim women looking like letterboxes didn’t seem to colour your judgement of him too much.

2 Likes

I was thinking more of him refusing to publish the Russia report/Lord Lebedev scandal.

4 Likes

I mean, we’d probably run out of server bandwidth writing down the examples.

2 Likes

Great principle but your consistency of application is suspect to say the least.

2 Likes

Just to make y’all feel better innit…

2 Likes

Fuck :flushed:

This so called government are a fucking disgrace, as is anyone who makes excuses for them. HEADS ON POLES :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Anyone who aligns with this Tory government loses any sort of voice as far as I’m concerned.
It trumps anything. It’s that sort of view that got us into this shit.

You may have all sorts of valid opinions on other things but I can’t see past that sort of stuff.
Your views may vary!

7 Likes

Captain Petard.

5 Likes

I love the smell of a good hoisting in the morning. :grinning:

3 Likes

Do you have a source for that? cos it looks like bollox to me.

1 Like

I hope it is

Spot prices are so volatile there might have been a day when that was the case, especially if one of the main interconnects was down. But the likelihood that the price delta between the UK and Europe is frequently like that is as you say, extremely dubious.

1 Like

This chart seems to dispute it

From this U.S. source (and I have no way of knowing if this is correct either)

I was trying to find an explanation I saw on Twitter last night. That was suggesting, it’s taken the lowest possible figure from each EU company (best tariff, best case scenario etc)… and then putting the peak worst case business tariff in for the UK. As what I know about this wouldn’t fill a stamp, I can’t prove it either way so :man_shrugging:.

That’s measuring two different things.

Ozzy’s map will be wholesale electricity prices. That chart is some sort of of average retail index.

With both, the devil is very much in the detail.

Another thing to mention is that state to state price variance for electricity in the US is enormous.

It’s all OK though -

BBC News - Saudi Aramco: Oil giant tops own record with $48.4bn quarterly profit

1 Like

I admit to using no more diligence than, “Yep, that feels about right.”

1 Like