Energy chat

BLUBBER

Going to need some discount on the Gotos

There may have been more subtle ways of making that gag.

1 Like

He also needs to hurry up as I have a demo later today… :grinning:

3 Likes

Why ?

I actually need a quote to rip out the heat pump and fit a gas boiler :upside_down_face:The only environment I need to protect is the one inside my wallet.

I think that they are fairly similar per kWh/£ used - a heat pump should be about 3-4 times more efficient, and gas is about 3-4 times cheaper.

You may not be using it efficiently, or you have a leak. Probably.

Only had the heating on for 3 hours in total last week,and that was only 3 rads downstairs,so I doubt it’s cost much.

Have to say it was fucking miserable

4 Likes

I can do it for £30k but as it is you I can give a 15% discount :innocent:

1 Like

If only we had a gas supply…

yes, yes, I know what’s coming next :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So do we, but we don’t leave the room out of politeness.

£60 for a day of gas, only day we have had the gas on this year so far, daughters hen do (no feathers so wanted heating on sadly)

Depending on timescales, Ripple phase 3 would seem to make quite a lot of sense for Jim.

£63 to keep our 5 bed detached warm all day in that 7 day period. Smart Trv system and very well insulated…

3 Likes

What’s that then?

1 Like

Do you have to have a windmill in your back garden?

Still think the main Issue with Ripple is the electricity provider lock in. I love Octopus, don’t get me wrong, but 10, 15 or 25 years is a long time to tied to their limited range of electricity providers.

One for the Octopus users:

Had to move from the 5p, 13.5p and 25p standing charge Go deal.
Need cheap overnight for charging (rules out the 33p any hour rate)

They quoted me the CHEAPEST deal as another Go tariff of:

12p four hour night price
41 day unit
44 standing.

I’ve just looked at the website and the INTELLIGENT deal is the same but has a 10p overnight that is longer at 6 hours.
Before I call back and complain and move to that am I missing anything or other deal?

There’s no other deal, no.

But curious as to what you’re complaining about.