ETF19

:heart_eyes:

Swipe them.

1 Like

Good to see Pete took his reel to reels with him👍

Can someone tell the Garrard guy to put the mounting screws in.
As a side thought, see if Pete will stab someone with a fork as a diversion whilst you swipe the Rollins and Mingus reels.

2 Likes

They’re too small for a Coco-San™ product. They would be the size of a terraced house if they were his…

That is the 2T. The 4T would be size of a detached house if a proper power supply were deployed. You might need a garage for the remote control though.

1 Like

No screws upset my state of mind also made me twitch badly. Body spasms the like I haven’t experienced since the mid 90s club scene.

1 Like

A nice chap called Marc Henry is showing an interesting horn system in a lovely room at the Hotel Relais.

He just did a talk describing his approach. The upper bass horn uses a 12" driver and is open to the rear. That’s unusual, you’d normally enclose the rear side of the driver in its own chamber
Those horns play down to 80 Hz. Below that he uses a planar sub which comprises a panel excited by the motor system of a normal bass driver with its diaphragm cut off Also amusing to see his amp’s input valves damped by sitting in gravel. He’s evidently a fan of the LeCleach horn profile & his mid & HF horns were cast in some kind of concrete/plaster material. But it did all sound very coherent and civilised. All first order crossovers too.

9 Likes

Lyrec lust.

Rigid float arm and pivoting foo headshell on Schroeder’s TT. Note precision mounting on jar of jam.

Schick replinthed Dual 701 DD. I don’t think the 701 was ever sold in the UK which is a shame as it has a rather good Papst motor similar to the one used in the Goldmund Studio.

Note to self.

4 Likes

It was! ÂŁ201 according to the 1977 Hi-Fi Year Book.

As an aside, what flavour was the jam under the Rigid Float arm? This stuff matters you know.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Ooh, ya minge teasin’ bastid!

6 Likes

Valve pen or fuck off.

1 Like

2 Likes

The guy needs to get serious, my listening room is under here

…Somewhere

6 Likes

Meh. Bet my B&O pen writes better…

It probably doesn’t have ‘bellend’ writen on it