Fabulous Foo (or ICHM's shopping list)

Stolen (for your convenience) from the same thread at Pink Fish, the teardown of an “audiophile switch” is very funny.

6 Likes

He won’t be getting an invite to certain forums.

That is dismal shit right there. Astounding that it should be considered any kind of a commercial product…

Unless I am missing something in translation, the resistors in D1 and D2 and the diodes in R1 and R2 are nice touches.

I was going to say “There should be a law against it” but actually, in most of the first world at least, I think there already is.

The ball of enamelled copper wire right of centre seems only to have one wire going into it. Perhaps it’s meant to be some kind of aerial ?

It appears to be irregularly wrapped around something, and one end is connected to the screen of the worryingly-skinny mains cable - beyond me to see what could be achieved by any of this beyond illuminating the LED - and even that seems dodgy.

Is there no appreciation & levity for a good old fashioned shyster these days? People once were excited when snakeoilman rolled into town. They would listen to the flim flam, heckle the ringers and eventually pelt them with vegetables or better still festoon them in bitumen. All of which appears to me to be infinitely more entertaining than watching Corrie.

I wonder if Pinkfishman is selling, I can feel a raffle prize coming on.

I suppose it could be a Schumann wave coupler.

1 Like

Silly me…

Gary knew the power of Foo

4 Likes

Haha, I’ve been listening to that a lot recently.

1 Like

Pyramid
‘Schumanating prisms’ was his difficult follow up. Ahead of it’s time in many ways, it seemed to age him… but no one could deny ‘THOSE VIBES’

2 Likes

4 Likes

Free delivery mind :partying_face:

2 Likes

holy fuck it’s got quantum, science and extreme in the name :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Where’s Tristan? :grinning:

1 Like

Just ordered 5 :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’d assumed this was an April Fool but no. From the distributor’s website;

The direction in which the fuse faces is extremely important and is denoted with an arrow on each fuse to guide you on the correct orientation. If you find the sound harsh or bright, simply switch the direction of the fuse.

5 Likes

Setting-aside the blindingly-obvious fact that these are cheap Chinese fuses with labels and other stuff stuck on the outside, someone with time and inclination needs to demand to see their CE documentation…

LOL, the kind of moron who pays hundreds of pounds for a fuse is unlikely to understand alternating current.

3 Likes