Feckin' Weather

Looks like a close call ! Good to hear it missed the house (mostly).

2 Likes

Went out in daylight to find we were very lucky:

It was the biggest tree near the house, a jack pine about 50’ high and about 2’ across at the base - could have done some damage if it had hit the corner of the house square on :flushed:

19 Likes

Wow. The Gods were looking down on you there.

1 Like

Now to start the cleanup - say hello to my little friend!

18 Likes

Crikey, I’ve seen some close calls over the years, but that takes the prize. Glad that you are safe and relatively unscathed.

1 Like

Fred Dibnah couldn’t have dropped a chimney in a crowded industrial site with any more precision.

3 Likes

Heat pump emerges - looking unscathed so far :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

The light’s going, but the house is clear and has amazingly little damage - nothing visible on the heat pump, so it’s just the upstairs window and some chips on the siding. It’s nothing short of a miracle!

14 Likes

Well. you’ve made the UK news you lucky blighter.

Storm Fiona ravages Canada’s east coast causing ‘terrifying’ destruction | Canada | The Guardian

We’ve had it easy here, to be honest, parts of Cape Breton Island and Newfoundland have been devastated. The last we heard, something like 90% of Prince Edward Island electricity customers were still cut off :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hurricane Ian.

Parents live in Auburndale :grimacing:

Great now I’m earwormed with Tony Joe White’s “Polk salad Annie”

PS hope it fizzles out before reaching them.

1 Like

Ouch! Hope their hatches are well and truly battened, and they come through it okay :crossed_fingers:

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

They are pretty central so it should be ok, but property damage, no power, no water etc is likely.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

Dad has his priorities right.

23 Likes

Hope they’re ok, Edd, Their provisions list seems adequate.