Feckin' Weather

It’s supposed to hit us over the next 48 hours.

Normally I don’t give a shit but as a voluntary driver taking people to anything from doctors, hospital or hairdressers I’m taking an elderly blind lady for an urgent appointment at Wolverhampton Hospital on Thursday. Bit worrying TBH if we get stuck.

If I can get through the first mile I’m sure there will be no problem cos we’ll stick to bus routes.

3 Likes

Getting to the docs was a bit of a mare earlier

1 Like

Still snowing here. When the dogs nipped out a little while ago they were up to their chests, and they are not small dogs…

Up and at ‘em early for a bracing stroll in those marvellous culottes of yours then?

3 Likes

Naturellement - it’s warmer now than it has been for days, and I sure as fuck didn’t wear Leg Prisons then… :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you cream tea eating, carrot crunchers are fucked Thursday and Friday. :+1:

6 Likes

4 Likes

True. I went out for a walk some of which was along the Thames path north via Wallingford/Benson/Shillingford/Days Lock and then round towards Clifton Hampden. There was a snow flurry before Days Lock which was worth it for the sight of the clouds which had dropped it rattling away and letting the sun back half an hour later. The last rays of the sun 15 minutes after that were lovely too.

I did the last 4 miles by moonlight on the dusting of fresh snow. By this point there were ice crystals appearing in my water bottle though.

VB

12 Likes

A few inches here and some surprisingly strong gusts of wind.

Fairly bleak but filled with childhood excitement about getting snowed in and gorging on white bread and milk.

1 Like

Dulwich snowmageddon

Walthamsnow.

Looks nice, just got to get to work and back…

Did you commute in yesterday by car?

Typical tropical Liverpool day today with no snow whatsoever.

I think the general message here has to be

Oh, and Benson was the coldest place in the world last night. The air froze, I imagine, and bits of the local electricity grid became superconducting.

VB

1 Like

Mmmm, Chopper Read as lifestyle advisor. Interesting choice.

Ha! God no. Would have been worse if I had tried that, the M20 was totally blocked apparently. Train and this morning it looks like this:

Packed! I think I timed it about right, jumped on it and it left, first one out if Ashford for a while this morning I think.

Kingston snow

Am on way from Hove to Castle Bromwich
First leg left on time. Is now about 10 minutes late.
Hopefully won’t miss train at Euston.