Feckin' Weather

Ours is Tuesday. It should have thawed by then :pray:

Bin collection was cancelled here today.

Canadian trains seem to be immune to snow on the tracks

7 Likes

After struggling up to Derby yesterday to find no-one local had bothered, Iā€™ve made the executive decision to stay home and play records all day instead.

8 Likes

How long was that! It took over 2 minutes to clear the crossing. Snow plough was ace.

We need entrepreneurs like this to keep the country moving:

2 Likes

That name again is Mr Plow. Classic episode.

Yes it was a long train, but travelling quite slowly

4 Likes

At work this morning, no bother, industrial estate is an ice-rink thoughā€¦

But it kept on runningā€¦

3 Likes

Pah! Well in Canadia they obviously get the ā€œrightā€ sort of snow! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Claire stated, with her customary authority, that there was no way that it was frozen because sheā€™d tried to fix it by pouring hot water down the plugholeā€¦

I pointed out to her the 18" of external drainpipe the led to the stack and asked if she thought the hot water would have dissolved the ice in thatā€¦

ā€œItā€™s not frozen,ā€ she maintained, ā€œyouā€™ve done ā€˜somethingā€™ to it.ā€ Sigh.

So Iā€™ve just been up a ladder with her hairdryer and guess whatā€¦:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You must have the patience of a saint! Reading that just makes me realise how lucky I am.

1 Like

Sheā€™s alright really, apart from the usual alpha female traits. She mostly puts up with my shit, so she canā€™t be too bad.

1 Like

Praise indeed

Some great snow drifts on the A43 this morning, 5ft high in places by side of road.

Bloody freezing here no power or heating Canā€™t watch American pickers

Fuck, no gas either? :weary:

No at least the kids are getting used to a post brexit at a young age

9 Likes

Woke up to no heating. Phoned engineer, was here in 2 hours, problem fixed, warm again.
Super chap.

3 Likes