Feckin' Weather

Basingstoke?

Storm covering 25% of the planet’s surface!

2 Likes

Opportunity is a tough little fucker, hope it makes it through and carries on it’s amazing mission.

1 Like

It’s a bit windy blow here.

Any wig wearers be careful !

1 Like

I once went to the all India wig wrestling championship

As the holder of an Australian passport I am aghast at the description of a heatwave in this (and other) articles. I might take my jumper off tomorrow as a gesture of solidarity with my neighbours.

As heatwaves only occur when it is 40C or hotter during the day and hovering at 30C during the night, but this coincides with my definition of tolerable. It might less amusing for our Subterranean South Australian as the Central Line is even more of a 'mare when it is full of sweaty and sunburned locals.

2 Likes

My Indian colleagues are most amused by my description of the current weather as “hot”. When you were born where the temperature regularly reaches the high 40s, they kind have a point.

1 Like

Rob998

“Opportunity is a tough little fucker, hope it makes it through and carries on it’s amazing mission”.

Aye!

Parts of my station are, in fact, above 40C. The Central Line is simply unbearable at ANY time :unamused:

3 Likes

Yes its all relative , i love it when my older afro carribean friends are dressed up in warm clothes in this weather

Trains from London were delayed yesterday because the tracks were too hot.

1 Like

Speed restrictions ahoy !

Is it the same today ? Daughter has the pleasure of commuting.

The next couple of days because of an apparent “heat wave” :roll_eyes:

all relative I think

Tensile strength of steel is relative to what?

Load at failure divided by cross sectional area

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes.
But if tracks are laid correctly, they can expand and contract to allow for higher temperatures like, oh I don’t know, like the rest of the world :roll_eyes:

1 Like

aren’t continuous welded rails a thing these days?