Feckin' Weather

Done correctly (France, Germany, etc) no gaps can work - all year round. Gaps are simply placed closer to points. Providing the quality of the points is what it should be for mass transit, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Presumably this involves spending money.

Rails are being laid/relaid regularly. A slight change of process and a saving in the amount of steel should mean it’s cost neutral.

An uncommon sight in Glasgow.

1 Like

Don’t you get many Thursdays in Glasgow then?

17 Likes

British Leafy Salad Growers Association (BLSGA) said the “soaring” temperatures were causing “havoc” for lettuce growers.
Over 30C lettuce get “stressed” and stop growing. Lettuce shortage any day soon.
“Bugger!” obvs

Good job Lopwell is this weekend. Not sure how the guys would manage without lettuce.

An ingredient of “salad”
A superfluous decoration on the side of a plate of otherwise perfectly edible food

2 Likes

All the wheat fields around me look ready to harvest which is mad given the date.

1 Like

Earliest in living memory apparently. There would have been a time when they’d have been biting their fingernails that the crops weren’t flattened by summer storms. But I reckon the ground is so bone dry now that there’s no local source of moisture to make these. It’d have to blow in on a humid wind and there aren’t any of those either.

VB

I wonder if Jim reads that publication.

1 Like

They have been harvesting here since last weekend. Crazy…

Ditto here - I have the constant drone of the combine and then the house being literally shaken to it’s foundations by the grain lorries thundering past every hour all night. Usually not done till the middle of August onwards.

Farmers … humid wind … sounds right up his street.

VB

2 Likes

Weather has been great for painting outside though

7 Likes

Its raining. :open_mouth:

thank goodness , fed up with watering the plants now

The smell is marvelous.

1 Like

I’ve just been outside. The smell is strong but the rain isn’t here yet. It won’t be long though.

I’m going to take the credit based on my “No way there’s going to be a thunderstorm” prediction yesterday. Cause. Effect.

VB