Feckin' Weather

A light dusting of snow over a fair bit of ice this morning in Liverpool. It was bloody dangerous getting back from Manchester last night and looks even worse now.

I shall work from home.

:slightly_smiling_face:

To a continuous soundtrack of records.

1 Like

:thinking:

Chap in my golf group is in Chicago. He posted that it is -32 in Itasca.
That is colder than the summit of Mt Everest.

1 Like

And really windy, so the wind chill may take it below -50

-6 AGAIN this morning. Rain last night had formed into a layer of ice under the windscreen protector. On mornings like this I really miss my Mondeo.

1 Like

Yes, why is it that other car makers don’t do heated windscreens - the one on Ann’s Fiesta is brill.

4 Likes

Volvo do

The one on my S60 was great.

3 Likes

What was his score?

I would have thought that with the Mazda/Ford business ties, it would have been a no brainer :unamused:

Seems it’s cold on the Yorkshire Wolds. Number 1 daughter rolled her car yesterday morning after braking and finding a patch of ice. Came out with only a scratch, luckily, though police, ambulance and Scarborough A & E were involved. Car a write-off.

Shit! Glad she’s unharmed.

3 Likes

Thank fuck she’s ok

1 Like

Yes, my thoughts at the time. Apparantly the scratch (on the top of her head) was gained when she released the seatbelt whilst inverted.

3 Likes

Glad to hear she’s OK Dave.

1 Like

Good heavens Dave ! Pleased to hear she’s (pretty much) unhurt.

VB

1 Like

Glad to hear she’s ok mate - that must have been very very scary.

1 Like

Glad she is alright Dave. :+1:

1 Like

Happened to my daughter and friend, returning from university, many years ago. They both had more damage from exiting the car while it was upside down, than from the crash.
Glad she is okay.
Now up to you to find a replacement car!

1 Like

Yes good news that no one was hurt.

1 Like