Feckin' Weather

'tis like that here today too :+1:

1 Like

Just got back from walking the girls up on the airstrip. 50mph Northerly blasting into me with the added delight of brief hail showers which felt like needles hitting my face.

There are a couple of supply ships sheltering in the Wick of Tresta to the South of the Island. Can’t say I blame them. Sea conditions on the Northern side are far from sailor friendly.

11 Likes

Ships are still sheltering. This taken just now through the living room window

18 Likes

Maybe it’ll run aground… Get ready Paul !

9 Likes

Thats look pretty close, you could rig up a bosun’s chair and arrange for a pizza delivery for them. Mind you the driver might need a larger than normal tip. :face_vomiting: :pizza:

1 Like

I seriously envy you that location mate :ship:

3 Likes

It has downsides as well, but not many and I can’t think of a better place to live, for me. As I’ve said before, it definitely isn’t for everybody, but I love remote places, wildlife, wild weather and never thinking of locking a door.

8 Likes

River Severn has risen alarmingly- on our walk to Bewdley today they had started putting up the flood defences.

4 Likes

Hopefully the houses will escape the rising water. It must be terrible to be flooded.

They are up in Ironbridge today. Seen trees heading your way.

That’s completely mind boggling, having a view like that out of your living room window! Wow. I could get into that.

I grew up in Snowdonia, and I’ve lived 7 years right up on top of Dartmoor, but that’s a whole other level.

3 Likes

Today was the first in 14 that didn’t have gale force winds. We had fucking hail instead.

1 Like

Wonder if the captain is looking at you through his binoculars and thinking “Way Anker”.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Plus the likelihood of the plod stumbling over your giant ganja farm are pretty slim :smile:

6 Likes

Nerd fact: Gordon Jackson, who played George in Whisky Galore, who got pissed on contraband whisky and finally stood up to his domineering mum, and was also often depicted with a glass of “single malt” as Cowley in The Professionals, couldn’t stand the taste of whisky and never drank it in real life,

3 Likes

Well where did he stash that lot in the boat?

I need to know.

Have you been setting flares to draw them in?

2 Likes

You need to find out what’s on the boat Paul. Then jam it’s radar with as much aluminium foil as you can get from Tesco ( I know this is not straight forward with you living in the North pole). After that, we’re on the way. Plenty of canoes on this forum, plus Rob’s garden boat.

It’s called Vestland Artemis. The other supply ship is Enya. No idea what they are carrying, but they’re still there sheltering. You can see their positions on this

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-0.841/centery:60.579/zoom:14

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to go there, but it needed saying :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes