Food poll

Hipster burger van then :slightly_smiling_face:

Had a nice horse burger in Picardy once.

I had a horse burger once. Gave me the trots.

4 Likes

I have had one. In Arras, surprisingly beefy and had a really good sauce. Very decent.
Note I said “one”.

Pulled pork is an abomination. Reserved only for the choicest of cunts.
Creole Pork truck is the way forward.

Or just sell bacon butties.

1 Like

In the late 90s I went to Rome with an Italian friend for the rugby. He took a detour through the suburbs to go to a truck that only sold pork sandwiches. The chap had a roast piglet on the counter, sliced bits off & put them in bread with salt, pepper & some scrapings off the roasting tray. Stunning. I still remember that sandwich.

1 Like

Cheese wheel pasta

Rein that sort of thing in Rob. It is too early on a Sunday to be dealing with a shock like that…

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re too late trying to shut the stable door. We’re saddled with the punning.

1 Like

I can’t take it fur long

1 Like

was it dressaged with mayonnaise?

2 Likes

2 Likes

@TMC, how much are you going to have to pony up for the van?

1 Like

I’m fully prepared to pay for an assassin to sort out the first person who tries to make some shit “neigh lad” comment.

Depends hugely!

In an ideal world i’d Have a nice shiny new van which is set up essentially as a full mobile kitchen with fridges, oven, fryer and a full Grillworks unit installed. Realistically that would probably be pushing 100,000€ though, which is not wise for a first iteration.

I’ll probably end up spending something closer to 15k-20k on a second hand van with a more generic layout and probably revolving around a plancha instead of a wood grill.

That’s not very neigh bourly of you

100 big ones is show jumping off the edge of a cliff in terms of risk

Oh yeah, it would be ludicrous hence the “in an ideal world”. Need to start much more simply and work up.