Forum Funding

Just sent a few quid

1 Like

Bunged a tenner in :+1:

1 Like

Withdrew Ā£20. Thanks :+1:

15 Likes

Just sent a few quid but canā€™t seem to send a recurring payment. Paypal doesnā€™t seem to like the name The Computer Tailor - it wants an email address or tel number. Any help please?

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent a few shillings for the meter.

1 Like

Just a gentle prod for those inclined towards those who are willing to contribute towards the running costs of the forum. Weā€™ve seen a slow increase in expenditure over the last year as more data is being stored, which means things are starting to run a little tight. Iā€™d really, really like to avoid having to add in additional funding options as I think they would all compromise what makes the forum the place is it.

1 Like

Apologies, hadnā€™t done that for a bit.

1 Like

Just to add, what I really want to avoid is having either dealer subs / classified, or running advertising, as both would see a significant curtailing of what we would be able to allow on here. Personally I really like having things as unrestricted as possible, and I think most people here do too.

5 Likes

:+1:

Oops, done.

Although as far as alternative funding goes, maybe instead of adverts there could be some kind of sponsored apocalypse. When the fund hits a grand the whole place gets nuked back to tabula rasa :fire:

2 Likes

Money sent.

VB

1 Like

How sustainable are the current regular subs - ie how short does that leave you without having to rattle the tin?

Any way of using the software to limit the extent and growth of data storage requirements if thatā€™s whatā€™s largely driving the costs of hosting?

Sorted

Iā€™ll send some over on payday, rattling the can myself after Christmas.

Weā€™ve had a bit of a jump recently as there was a promo period on some of the AWS storage we were using thatā€™s expired, which has absorbed the small buffer that we had. Iā€™ve been tweaking some things to try and reduce the costs on that, but itā€™s not going to make for a massive decrease.

Run an update?

1 Like

There are worse places to be (Silentium starts at 10:30)

VB

3 Likes

Thinking about a fund raising / sales area where people can donate things for sale with funds (Outside of shipping) going directly to the forum to ensure this place remains autonomous.

• I would donate kit / records for sale to raise money
  • I would offer non sexual services to raise money
  • I would offer nothing
  • I would like to buy appalling AA T-shirts

0 voters

Just set up a Ā£1 a month regular payment through PayPal. Job done.