French Property

:crying_cat_face:
http://www.france4u.eu/offer-i-id-i-12413-i-luxury-converted-barn-with-6-ensuite-bedrooms-and-pool-for-sale-in-the-morvan-mounts.html

1 Like

Are you thinking French Weekender? :grinning:

Thinking, ā€œWhat am I doing here?ā€

2 Likes

Someone could certainly arrange a weekend viewing & then hold an impromptu bake-off there!

Looks lovely.

Grab an EU foothold before it becomes ā€˜difficultā€™.

Very nice ! The price is rather attractive alsoā€¦

But you live in ā€œthe best town to live in in Englandā€ so wtf?

just spotted this on that site, lottery ticket being purchased tonight

Iā€™ve been watching a bit of the programme with Dick Strawbridge trying to do up a similarly ambitious chateau with his challenging new wife in tow. Life may be too short.

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t he a character in Trumpton ?

VB

I worked for him in the Signals, he was a Lt Col and a bit of a mad genius.

2 Likes

Yes, played Mr Craddock the Parkie if I recall.

Grown his 'tache a bit since then.

3 Likes

Yes she is a bit of a hipster type, poor ole dick.

Ha, I ran into Dick Strawbridge a couple of times when I worked for the MoD, I was doing some finance courses at Worthy Down, and he must have been doing something similar. My civil service rank was equivalent to captain at the time, so I got to use the orificers mess. He was a Major then, Iirc, and getting fairly well known from Scrapheap Challenge. He was really good fun to spend time with, if a bit of a lunatic. If you ever get into a drinking contest with him, youā€™ll probably loseā€¦

And if I was close to retirement that place in the OP would be a no brainer, Iā€™d sell up and be over there like a shot.

I hope they do more programmes, he is entertaining.