[FS] Graham Audio LS5/9 speakers

Stunning pair of Graham Audio LS5/9 speakers in cherry with Something Solid stands in excellent condition.

Graham’s are boxed but the stands are not, so collection only from near Coventry.

£1850

1 Like

I’m a bit surprised, but they are lovely speakers.

Indeed - looking forward to seeing what has usurped them.

Always had a thing for them after I heard the pair LodgeSound’s reel-to-reel setup

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I’ll be selling most of my non-DIY/bespoke kit over the next few weeks.

These are the current replacements -> http://teribil-audio.com/2018/06/caow1-speakers/

2 Likes

What are we building to replace them?

:smiley:

3 Likes

Loved that sound but don’t know how much of it was down to what bit of kit.

I seem to recall he had some pretty interesting electronics running to make sure the output from the reel to reels was flat. For me it was a system devoid of much “character” but without sounding dull and lifeless, which is quite a feat.

I recall him being very adamant about needing to have the specific Quad amps that they were designed to be used with. I want to say they were the 405 but not certain on that.

They were Rogers LS5/8s, which are active with an active crossover housed in each quad amp. These are Graham LS5/9s, quite different beasts, obviously still BBC licensed but a lot smaller and not active.

Well don’t I now look like a complete idiot :smiley:

4 Likes

Aye - we used to power them with either a Quad or those funny little H&H 25w monos. In Post Production sound we felt the best of the LS’s was the 5/9 - not so puny as the 3/5a and none of the flabby bass of the 5/8.

Was still a great sound whatever was used in that room.

Best playback of a single track I ever heard at Scalford was Lodgesound’s R2R playing New Order’s ‘Your Silent Face’ in the lounge next to the bar. That was at a show featuring a @coco and @Wayward’s modest mini system and several other fabulous efforts upstairs including the mad cinema horn speakers from Germany and the setup @jim and @browellm were using to soundtrack pie distribution.

Vale Lodgesound.

2 Likes

SOLD

2 Likes