Hipster Wanker Tea Thread

Nowt fancy here, I just use one of these

1 Like

I have a couple of personal (small) teapots that are used with a tea tray, which catches the water as you wash your tea and teaware :slight_smile:

Oolong always smells amazing but is lacking something in the drinking, for me.

Perhaps itā€™s to do with the seasoned (probably wrong word) teapots? a bit like my grans, never got properly washed, just a quick rinse, except the oolong pots are somewhat porous? Itā€™s foo, Teapot burn in.

2 Likes

This is a cable thread in disguise isnā€™t it? All this shite about tea, youā€™re all just gasping to get objectivist or subjectivist about something unmeasurable. Itā€™ll be double blind tasting (:spy:) and expectation bias (:nerd:) in a minute.

I shall plead adequacy for my Yorkshire teaā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a kilo of Darjeeling that I bought from a tea co-operative in N.E. India, but I donā€™t drink it much. A bit overrated IMO.

Like tea pot burn in. Hahaha

In a triple blind test (It would have been double blind, but Iā€™d had a lot of whisky - ooh, Tigers) Yorkshire Tea came a poor second to Ringtons finest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yorkshire tea = Behringer.

4 Likes

Ha, yes! I only use puā€™erh in my teapot and my partner only uses Oolong. Just not to my taste.

Iā€™ve only tried these

I have no idea it is raw or ripeā€¦ but I like it alot

Tru dat. Twinings must be Naim then and Liptons something like Audiolab.

All these poncey AA types with their fermented in Kaliā€™s cleavage organic Indian tea or dried in Confusiusā€™s butt-crack Chinese tea must be Steepletone aficionados.

:smirk:

1 Like

Raw will be green and as it ages it goes darker until brown. Ripe will speed this process up so will be dark right away. I have no idea on that one either. Just try both anyway. Maybe I liked raw better as I already drank green tea. The ripe is trying to give you aged raw tea without the age and Iā€™m not a fan.

Please tell me where you have seen this for sale!

I have a load in the shed. It is a tad yellowish for some reason (:innocent:) but donā€™t let that put you off. Ā£50 for an eighth??

:grin:

2 Likes

NVA?

1 Like

LOL

The beer policeman has started a new thread :laughing:

2 Likes

Silver Tips Imperial Tea, file next to Kopi luwak coffee - Disappointing

Cornish tea, for that reassuringly expensive taste. Not a bad brew mind.

All teas brewed at the same temperature taste the same according to Serge.

I used to go to China a lot and on one of the trips I went to Hangzhou and got some Longjing (Dragon Well) tea from the actual plantation. I went at this time of the year too when the best tea is picked - early spring shoots are the sweetest - and still have a couple of tins in the kitchen. Madly expensive but it is good and one pinch will make several cups. It is probably past its best now but after picking it is heated in a special pan and rubbed around it by hand which stops it going off. I might have a cup this morning and see if it is still goodā€¦

1 Like

Warning, long tedious story.
I donā€™t like coffee, OK the small is nice, but I tried hard to like it when I was impressionable and wanted to be trendy 50 years ago but it is horrid.
One day I arrived at Brands Hatch for a test after a very early start and a drive through London - A4 Vauxhall Bridge A2 and A20 (the M25 didnā€™t exist yet) knackered and bursting for a cuppa.
Our truckie (back then the truckie dealt with food, hotels and hire cars at tests as well as transport, spares and fuel, a Team manager and multiple secretaries seem to be needed nowadays) had bought some different tea bags, 'cause they were in a green box that matched the (then) Williams Green/white colour scheme.
My cuppa was abso-fucking-lutely fantastic but I was suspicious it was because of the early start/long drive. Anyway subsequent cups of tea were equally to my taste so the tea, Brooke Bond Choicest Blend (BBCB) became my tea of choice.
On my travels, and curiosity, I have tried loads of different tea, and have loads I brought back from China but I enjoy them rarely since whenever I feel like a cuppa it is usually a refreshing Assam I crave.
A few years ago our local supermarket stopped selling BBCB loose tea :frowning: that is when I discovered Ocado, since a search showed they stocked it. Later they stopped too and I had to get it from the maker which was a pain, so I tried loads to get a near equivalent. Ringtonā€™s Deluxe Extra-Fresh (RDEF) is it!

The truckie, a brilliant ex-RAF guy known by everybody in F1 as Biggles (there were probably fewer people in the whole F1 paddock then that Ferrari have in their aero dept now) sadly died of cancer in 1990, probably since as the fuel man he handled the turbo fuel, which was 75% toluene.

Anyway, I recommend RDEF to anybody enjoying a full bodied refreshing brew over one of the poncy weak cups of piss substitute.

7 Likes