Donation sent.

1 Like

Donation made.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your Mum Nick atb.

1 Like

Great idea Jon will make a donation come payday on 10th :+1:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss Nick. Very sad time for you and your whole family.

1 Like

Donation made.

Very sorry to hear this Nick. My mum went the same way, years ago now. We’re lucky to have both the NHS for the heavy lifting on this and people like Macmillan who work hard to provide the extra support. Losing a parent is still a very big blow though. You’re in my thoughts.

Graeme

2 Likes

I have made a donation. I feel like I am cheating as I have recently used the services of MacMillan recently to try and deal with some of the really nasty side effects of my medication. Absolutely marvelous organisation who do fantastic work in very challenging circumstances for all concerned.

This thread is a wonderful tribute to a beautiful person I was not lucky enough to meet.

14 Likes

Well I feel even better about them now :+1:. And you are so not cheating.

VB

2 Likes

I wasn’t really aware of what McMillan nurses did until my mother reached the final stages of her cancer and they appeared. It’s an amazing service and you couldn’t have put a price on the support they were able to give. An extremely worthwhile cause.

3 Likes

Donation made. Lovely that Lou would have supported this.

2 Likes

Donation made a lovely thought.

1 Like

I’ve had the great pleasure of working with lots of MacMillan nurses and it is a travesty that they rely on charitable funding.

1 Like

What the MacMillan nurses do really matters. They have been a great comfort to many of my family and more recently offered genuine support to me a few months ago when things were a little up in the air. You couldn’t do that kind of job purely for money. All of the nurses I have encountered showed the sort of compassion, honesty and empathy that was both sincerely human and truly remarkable - over and above any pay grade.

9 Likes

What a great cause. Donation made.

1 Like

Donation made for a well worthy cause.

A team of Macmillan nurses visited my home 3 times a day, for over a year to care for my wife and to make sure that she could live out most of her final days at home and believe me when I say that it was an extremely challenging and difficult task.

They supported myself and my 2 young lads as well, with dignity, humanity, compassion and genuine enthusiasm for their jobs.

Sounds melodramatic but without them we simply wouldn’t have made it.

18 Likes

No it doesn’t. It sounds like a a genuine, solid and appreciative endorsement of their worth.

I had no idea (possibly missed it) of your experience. You have my sincere condolences.

1 Like

Donation made to this wonderful caring cause

1 Like

great idea, money sent but no note, hopefully ok @TMC

1 Like

Currently sat at just over £750. Guys, that’s incredible, I’m genuinely blown away by the generosity of you all.

I’m going to let things run until the end of the coming week to give as many people the opportunity and then make the donation.

14 Likes