Get yer pies (and pasties) out

@MGOwner or the Pie Floater?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

2 Likes

THAT is a thing of beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:angry:

2 Likes

I’m feeling inspired; haven’t built a pie for years !:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like
1 Like

Not a pie,but had a lovely lamb and mint pasty courtesy of @Ruprecht yesterday

2 Likes

From where and which witch

Place just over the road from mine.

1 Like

Obviously not mine, but that does look like a splendid pie.

Any opinion on the Roscoe Head @htm_1968 ?

2 Likes

That pie looks good. The pub is not far from my what used to be my favourite drinker, The Philharmonic. I’ve never eaten in the Roscoe’s Head. It is fairly small so not the place for a quiet chat or eating really. The Phil is great for beer but I’m not sold on the food there either. My view is to use the Pub for beer and then go for Thai or Chinese just down the road. I’m a terrible creature of habit but Asian food in Liverpool is much better than Pub Food if you know where to go.

3 Likes

disqualified for brown sauce reasons :face_vomiting:

Only five words, and yet so much wrong :laughing:

7 Likes

One of a select group of pubs that’s been in every edition of The Good Beer Guide , I’ve been going there almost 40 years. Don’t remember ever having a pie though.

3 Likes

The fact he describes Tetleys as “excellent” makes me wonder.

1 Like

Discuss.

2 Likes

Moo for me

1 Like

I picked up a couple of Pieminster Moo pies at Sainsburys a couple of hours ago to celebrate pie week. The reviews of them are OK so fingers crossed …

This is the thing. When they started out their pies were really, really good (they had a stall at the Big Chill festival which sustained me rather well). So good were these pies the business grew and now can be found in supermarkets up and down the land. I’m uncertain if the quality has dropped? The beef / Chorizo and red wine pie they used to do made me do sex noises while eating.