Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Nobody booed :grinning: This was The Albert Hall my man!

A couple of ‘Judas’ shouts which were taken in good humour

Chan Marshall didn’t play guitar, she had a single acoustic guitarist for the first bit and a full band for the second

3 Likes

The judas shout was going to be my next question :slight_smile: Glad you had a good night. Slightly jealous I missed it.

1 Like

Chanced upon her doing a gig in a tiny bar in New York about 15 years ago, had no idea who she was and despite her being shit faced was amazing.

Up close she was stunningly beautiful and had that effortless sexiness some women have.

3 Likes

Amazing gig, saw here before and she’s mad as a hatter, but this was perfect.

5 Likes

I’d LOVE to see that!

1 Like

I spotted a pro video set up in one of the boxes so it may end up being released or broadcast at some point.

1 Like

Mer too

Two nights of Metallica :face_with_monocle:

Unfortunately IIRC Disturbed are gibbering MAGA wankers, although I’m a bit vague on that, I could be libelling completely the wrong people :laughing:

Slipknot tho’

Meanwhile this bill is getting a lot of stick.

Hey, I’m old, there’s a lot of stuff there that definitely dingles my dangle.

KMFDM for goodness sake.

Little known fact: the ceaseless revolving door of developers at my last employer included Cradle of Filth’s bassist.

Music doesn’t pay, kids.

Why? That’s a pretty impressive lineup for that genre.

If you were 15 in 2001.

This.

I’d like to see KMFDM, but would much prefer to have seen them in the Venue that night I couldn’t make it in 1991.

I didn’t say impressive full stop, I said impressive for that genre…

I would go, and I was 15 in 1976… :smiley:

Had a freebie at Liverpool Phil. Music room tonight due to being a regular customer, drinks and canapés followed by Mike Farris who was much better than I expected and Jo Harmon who was pretty boring. Coming up this month there’s John Smith & Katherine Priddy, Deaf School, Bellowhead , Talisk and two free lunchtime concerts at the university.

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel next summer. Also, OUCH!

1 Like

I was going to skip this next year, but some of the bill is starting to look good - Oneohtrix Point Never etc.

However I’m seriously feeling my age because Caroline Polacheck is headlining the big stage and I have absolutely no clue who she is.

I just listened on Spotify - it’s wank autotuned pop.

A Place To Bury Strangers are one of the more entertaining live acts I’ve seen in the last decade. The drop-kicked guitar as an alternative to a solo was a novelty the first time we saw them.

1 Like

Thinking to visit coming Sunday if I can get last minute tickets…

1 Like