Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

2 Likes

Any idea who the support are?

Nah, not seen anything yet. With any luck it will be Benefits for a double bill shouty rage fest.

1 Like

“Age 8+” :zipper_mouth_face:

They start young in Scotland

2 Likes

One of my mates got suspended for saying “show us your pie” to the dinner lady :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What decade

Early 90s

Is The Garage a decent concert venue ?, I remember a big queue outside when I was last in Glasgow on a Saturday night .

It’s alright, nothing special. Predominately a student nightclub so basically just a big dancefloor with a stage at one end and a smaller venue round the back. I used to work behind the bar in it for a couple of years back in the student days 97/98. Biggest name I saw there was probably Peter Green and his Splinter Group, that was probably a couple of years after I had to get a proper job. The rest was mainly ten a penny up and coming indie bands, tribute acts and the late Howard Marks aka Mr Nice. Not been in it for probably 10-15 years now as i no longer follow NME’s latest and greatest young bands with the same fervour I used to.

Live 1 hour broadcast from 8:45pm

4 Likes

God, that is shite. Can’t watch that.

1 Like

The Bowie Experience.

Can’t recommend this highly enough, it was fucking brilliant. The bloke got all his mannerisms down and really hammered the voice. Band were absolutely fantastic.

Bonkers how many were up dancing. The wigs were interesting and rather comical but guess there’s only so much you can do in a 2 min costume change.

1 Like

I’d certainly like to see Warpaint. I suspect that Christine will sell out instantly.

3 Likes

Each year I know less and less acts at these festivals.
Only managed 5 I’ve heard of :disappointed:

1 Like

Looks a good curation , though I’m camping close to you

1 Like

Anybody else going

Eels a week on Monday at the Roundhouse and just booke Emiliana Torrini at Union Chapel

4 Likes

Went to see Van Halen last night …… turned out to be Half Man Half Biscuit :grinning:

4 Likes