Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

For any Four Tetters all the London gigs are sold out

Just back from a concert by these guys - great!

more dates here http://www.thenordicfiddlersbloc.com/concerts/

Placebo,cancelled for the 2nd time

Rude!

Just ordered tickets for Gomez for next march

Ultimate painting were good I only managed to catch the last 5 tracks. fleet Foxes were a little meh, never quite hit the heights they are capable of and it’s the songs off the first album that are still ahead of anything else they have done
Never been to the anciens Belgique, but the sound was rather muffled and missing dynamics. Not sure we will go back my missus wasn’t impressed. First duffer in a while

That’s a shame - the couple of gigs I’ve been to there (Front 242 ages ago, and Thievery Corporation earlier this year) were both outstanding.

Hopefully lee scratch perry in March

2 Likes

Guy I was hoping you would comment as I thought you might have been there. That’s good to know as we were considering seeing iron and wine in January…

Must have been a bad mix, I have heard them sound out of this world on a few occasions so it was a bit of disappointment.

We were exactly front middle of the desk too

Divine Comedy, Brighton Dome

3 Likes

Any good?

Fleet Foxes next Sunday.
Gorillaz early December (not sure I’m up for that)

1 Like

I saw them do a warm up gig for this tour a few months back, and it was fantastic. We are seeing them again at the O2 Greenwich in early December

Good to hear, sometimes not going into a gig with big expectations is a good thing. Although I do recall seeing Cher with my parents when I was about 12, expecting it to be shit, and it was.

Flipside, never been into New Order, but Peter Hook was crackin.

This might explain why Hooky’s elephantine trampling all over New Order, and in particular Joy Division’s back catalogue in a pub rock stylee went down so well.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He was excellent albeit only had half the usual number of band members - venue was a bit shit tho’.

1 Like

Just back from seeing this chap, with his brother Nik on violin. A bit good.

Martin and Eliza Carthy, King’s Place, March next year.

1 Like

Molsky’s Mountain Drifters - tomorrow
Rob Heron & the Teapad Orchestra - Friday

Gorrilaz at the O2 tomorrow - got some nice Amazon Lounge tickets