Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

2 Likes

I’m going, just for the Pat Sharp DJ set.

Gary Numan, 25th October, Roundhouse Camden

3 Likes

All the way from Melbourne & kicked up to bigger venue…

What the actual fuck?!

I saw him perform on some TV programme the other night, in a rare moment of telly watching (for me) at my Dad’s. Chesney had the look of a man in some degree of personal crisis, aware that his whole appearance, and the reactions of the studio audience to it, were more than partly ironic. He did give a good account of himself though, and arguably transcended his novelty status, to some extent at least. It was all a bit weird though.

As to a weekend with him… erm.

1 Like

Heaven 17 at the Indigo O2 place in Novemeber

1 Like

The “thinking man’s” Human League :wink:

1 Like

supported by Squeeze?

1 Like

Yeah - they got the headline act the wrong way round

Tempted to go to the Bristol one

Great live band.
The future presenter of a TV music show was still on keyboards sadly.

I went to see Cave with Karlinamillion and @LoveSavestheDay on Monday at the Shacklewell Arms in Dalston. They were amazing! Supertight Kraut inspired psychedelic rock from Chicago and the side project of various Bitchin’ Bajas . They put a broad grin on everyone’s face who was there.

2 Likes

Just down the road from me.

Comet Is Coming temptation.

https://www.xthetracks.com/

2 Likes

That would be a definite if it was near to me. Check out the Soccer96 stuff on Spotify/Bandcamp. It is the side project of the drummer and synth player from CiC and is really excellent.

EDIT: I might give that a go myself! It looks superb.

1 Like

If you fancy it I genuinely live 10 minutes walk down the road. If I were appropriately compensated I might even move the PlayStation out of the spare room.

Subject to wifely approval obvs, and she is Irish and 6’ tall.

I knew that as the Green Man pub when I was growing up in the 1970s…

Fiery ?? At least the pans go over your head :smile:

1 Like

King Crimson - Royal Albert Hall - 20th June

1 Like