Greatest UK No 1: As collated by idiots

This maybe merits its own thread…

10 Marvin Gaye – Heard It Through the Grapevine (1968)
9 Abba – Dancing Queen (1976)
8 The Prodigy – Firestarter (1996)
7 The Human League – Don’t You Want Me (1981)
6 Michael Jackson – Billie Jean (1983)
5 Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) (1984)
4 Donna Summer – I Feel Love (1977)
3 The Beatles – She Loves You (1963)
2 The Specials – Ghost Town (1981)
1 Pet Shop Boys – West End Girls

I’m just listening to them right now. I had forgotten what an astonishing track the Donna Summer was, hard to believe it is that old.

1 Like

Always think the same when ever I hear it.

The Dead or Alive is a fucking awful recording, standard 80s shit with no bass and muddled sound.

2 Likes

Gosh, the Human League synth work is simply perfect!

How the fuck did they come up with that top 10.:clown_face:

1 Like

I must say, Firestarter to Dancing Queen is a seamless transition.

1 Like

I could mostly agree with that list. No. 5 would be the anomaly for me.

Very 80s centric that’s for sure.

The articles on each track that accompany the top 100 are pretty good reads.

I’d have Donna Summer swap places with Pet Shop Boys just for its sheer influence on music from that point.

So how did the PSB come first?
Nah. Not having that list at all (just as a list - irrespective of the interest in the text added).

I think you are all being far too nice. West End Girls at No.1? Just. Fuck. Off.

What the fuck is that record and how do you use it? You can’t dance to it, wank to it, fuck to it… I can’t think of one drug that would go with it without bumming you out. Would you sit and listen to it stroking your beard? Is it a Hifi record? No it fucking isn’t. Its the drearyest piece of shit ever and I FUCKING HATE IT.

I can’t take the rest of their piss poor list seriously. WEG has ruined it for me.

13 Likes

RUINED.

12 Likes

What he said only he said it and I just hinted at it.

I can confirm my afternoon session is in tatters

Fuck you boys and Petshops.

1 Like

I’m fucking smashing things here and just about to rampage through the village. Cunts.

3 Likes

Grumpy old man doesn’t like Pop Music shocker

1 Like

I wasn’t grumpy or old when I first heard that load of shit but afterwards my world went dark.

1 Like

The top ten was something of an anti climax, as Richie says nothing to wank about.

1 Like

About once a month I get emails or calls from people trying to sell their collection of no 1 singles - It’s always saddening to highlight the nature of supply and demand.

Fuck you number 1.

4 Likes

giphy (7)

1 Like

Maybe it is the music you play whilst sticking small mammals up your arse…