Headphones?

i really likemy Sony wireless IEMs, but every time i went to use them, i’d forgotten to charge them. Hence reverting back to wired phones.

1 Like

I think the S/H thing becomes a different matter when applied to the higher end, not dissimilar to Hifi in general. I demoed a pair of LCD XC a couple of weeks ago to see how much they would improve upon my B&W P7.
Short answer is they were so good I have been looking for a S/H pair ever since. Wouldn’t care if Worzel Gummage was the previous owner.

2 Likes

I suppose that would depend on which 'ed he 'ad on.

Gummidge

i dont want someone else’s ear mites or ear worms infiltrating me.

Just think about it, some dreadful hour long prog shite could have earwormed its way in and ended up violating my brain…fuck that, gimme new virgin phones everyday

2 Likes

Haha, yeah I can only imagine! My LCD-2s, and the Sines, are like audio crack. I’ve never experienced headphones that are actually addictive, till I came across Audeze.

:thinking:

1 Like

Going to jim on this instead of starting a new one.

Bloke at work wants to try the reggae sound system at home to tweak the sound.

Rather than make smaller speaker he wants to try using headphones

He has some £80 or so senns,but they can’t cope bass wise. Is there anything vintage wise they may cope?
Ideally he wants the to be cheapish as they are just for tailoring the sound

I wondered if something like the old beyer dynamic studio headphones would be better over hi fi type ones

Any ideas?

Great cans Stu - I love mine. Closed back so plenty of tuneful bass and you can switch the cable to either side or get a fancy wire upgrade if that is your thing.

The only thing worth pointing out is they are quite a tight fit so can get slightly uncomfortable for long listening session if you wear specs.

1 Like

Some one is after your job @Tons_of_fun

HiFi in mainstream newspapaers?
Whatever next?

Whatever you’ve got, if you can, listen to Qobuz spatial tracks - designed for phones listeners.

Report back.

Weird to relate, broadsheets ask for hifi all the time. Their general reluctance to ever give it back means that manufacturers rarely send it though.

1 Like

5* review, they obviously got to keep them and spent out on some advertising space. :joy: