Help with coffee machine electrical problem

Yes, it means you’re only going to get half a cup of coffee when you want a full one :+1:

4 Likes

1 Like

Depends what it is switching, 5 amps is about 1200 watts.

What power does it say on the back of the machine?

The machine broke down on Friday, I couldn’t find the cafitiere so have been drinking tea since. I’ve always said that coffee didn’t stop me sleeping as it’s never stopped me getting to sleep, but for a long time now my sleep has been fitful and restless and I’ve been waking several times during the night. For the last few nights I have slept like a (very old) baby. I think my coffee drinking days may be over.

1450w

If it is switching the whole machine then it would be underrated.

I suppose you could just try it, make sure the wired connectors are clean and a tight fit before fitting the switch and stand well back :grinning:

Maybe Edd or Dom might know what the switch controls as I think they both have tinkered with coffee machines?

@edd9000
@dom

1 Like

It just switches on a warning light if the bin isn’t in place.

Maybe if you could type all the info on the back of the broken switch we would know for sure which is the correct model to fit.

It is hard to see in the picture but it does look like it says 10A at 250V?

Swiss Water process decaffeinated coffee beans are a thing, which may give you a coffee taste, and sleep

To be honest, I haven’t really missed it.

Does the machine still make coffee when the bin is not fitted?

No

I think it switches the whole machine so we need all the info from the switch to get the right one.

What’s the worst that could happen :pleading_face:

That’s ok then :slightly_smiling_face:

Different, but the same switch, you just need to work out which two you need to connect together so your machine thinks the container is always in. That’s the temporary bodge.

Longer term, just look up that switch and buy another, it’s a generic part.

1 Like

Pretty sure it is the brown and blue that need connecting, green is for the light judging by wire thickness.