Help with coffee machine electrical problem

I tried connecting green and blue it did nothing.

I would guess connect the middle to one of the outer ones, try one then the other.

Death or glory.

2 Likes

1 Like

Brown and blue are the thicker ones, connect them

3 Likes

You should totally YouTube the fuck out of this shit :ok_hand:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Next in the series “Johnniebaby changes a stylus”…

:rage:

Bloody hell, I ordered the switch at around 4-30 yesterday, it arrived at 3-00 today :pleading_face:

Why not go the whole hog and replace your hifi with NVA.

2 Likes

When you say hi fi…:thinking:

1 Like

3 Likes

Are you going to try it, I still think it is underrated?

I did email the manufacturer yesterday to clarify the correct switch but no reply.

Probably safer just to join (safely - not just a bit of chocy block) the two thicker wires and remember to have the bin in place.

If you do try it I suggest not leaving it on unattended and as you said tea is better for your sleep.

I try and fix all my stuff that breaks but sometimes it goes wrong and accept the risk.

I tried joining the thicker wires, the light stayed on.

I’m now confused, set fire to it.

3 Likes

I’m going to fit It tomorrow, if you don’t hear from me again…

5 Likes

These switches are cheap - just buy the 10A and fit it.

Now that said, I very much doubt a coffee machine is drawing 10A even with all the bells and whistles going. To stay on the safe(ish) side, pop a 5A fuse in the mains plug - if it blows (which I doubt), then wait for the 10A switch.

Or drink tea. Tea is nice. Coffee is mostly pretty rank TBH.

As recommended I fitted the switch, fitted a 5 amp plug and it works, even brews coffee :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Different makes of switch do affect the flavour profile & mouthfeel. We need to know which is best.

7 Likes

It’s OK I’ve mounted it on a Mpingo wood plinth and switched out the mains lead for a Nordost an just to be sure I’ve fitted gold fuses. Sorted :+1:

4 Likes