Help with my boiler prob .Please

Meh, collateral damage

Accuracy

I was refering to the population (stopping digging)

What no one has mentioned, is that it’s illegal to interfere with a gas appliance unless you are a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Good post. Danger of explosion is not to be trifled with. I wonder if @Jim’s medical team are Gas Safe registered… :thinking:.

2 Likes

Here’s what Gas Safe (who, to be fair, are run by Capita and do have a business interest as well as a legal one) think you can and can’t do https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/media/1449/who-can-legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf. I don’t know what the actual legislation says.

VB

… fuck it.

1 Like

Ninja edit du jour :+1:

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

May I add that I have done nothing more than change the PCB board and reset a switch whilst adhering to Stu’s and Mark’s advice .it seems what I have done on the electric side (safely of course) fits in the Gas safe rules .Again thanks Stu …I’m still awaiting contact from my installer …

To be fair, British Gas are doing radio adds stating how busy their engineers are and that they have put common fault tutorials online to help people have a go at fixing it before calling them out.

:flushed:

That’s going to end well.

1 Like

That was my thought.

5 Likes

Well I have a proper gas registered heating engineer who will contact me on Monday…Courtesy of my installer who is a supervisor of a big local plumbing and heating company ,he recommended his top man so I’m pleased ,I have come clean regarding what I have done …Watch this space :grinning::+1:
Soon have :fire:

3 Likes

Good to hear. Better :fire: than :boom::firecracker::boom: meaning :fire_engine: and :ambulance:.

6 Likes

Phew, I’m glad this is sorted.

Not sure I could deal with the weird space-before-comma and ellipsis mood for much longer.

2 Likes

Thread resurrection.

Still having problems with combi boiler constantly losing pressure . I think it may be time to look at replacing it. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge regarding electric boilers?

Have you considered eight way horns, with water cooled class A amplifiers? Should do the job.

Well hadn’t, but thanks its certainly worth considering…

We finally gave up on our ‘Trigger’s Broom’ Vaillant & went for a Worcester bought through BOXT.

Quite impressed by the service. A box of parts turned up the day before and the fitter arrived (from an hour away) at 8am & started to dismantle/take down the old boiler. At about 9am the new boiler appeared at the front door. A full day’s work later, much old pipework removed and new pipework above, a flushed system via magnetic filters (which removed a lot of iron filings) and the new beast was working complete with its own magnetic filter (black lump beneath).

It’s remarkably quiet compared to the old one. The fitter stayed to check, bleed & balance the radiators & didn’t leave til 8pm. A long day out for him given he had another hour to get home.

17 Likes