Hey - You, don't digitize my Foo MFSL

Open to trades.

2 Likes

Ah yes. That copper ascension coil - genius.

1 Like

“I can only speak for our process. We did extensive evaluations of all aspects of the mastering process and found that using our proprietary gear with these steps yields the best sonic results”

… So we told no one about it.

This from an American businessman who describes the time and expense of evaluating DSD before they chose to invest and deploy it.

My point here is nothing to do with sound. It is to do with snide business practices that mislead the consumer. If they were so happy with DSD they could have held and number of blind listening events for audiophiles to educate them on the benefits of this process (and potentially have profited further from this ‘new improved’ system) - Nope.

The schtick about tapes and alignment is interesting, I’m no expert here but Anal Prod seem to manage (Their pressings often sound better than Mofis)

I guess now the cats out of the bag for them and they state they will continue on with the DSD process (Should they weather the storm) there should be no foul moving forwards - Thing is trust levels are on the floor, it’s hard to get up from there.

Based on what I’ve read on various forums the AAA purists on there would never accept the benefits of DSD in a million years, and its this bunch that Mofi and others have exploited by using the AAA marketing spiel.

There’s no way they’d pay the premium for a ‘digital LP’ no matter how it sounded and Jim Davis knows this only too well, so he hid it.

Yep overall their products are typically better sounding and very well pressed. It helps that Chad does the final test press QA and clearly doesn’t indulge in the kind of EQ shenanigans that have ruined many of Mofi’s releases.

Yes Mofi’s EQ and the Tim De P kit could be readily pulled apart.
Chad’s QRP pressing plant seems to deliver. I don’t know Jim personally but Chad is very into it. He has a nice collection of kit too, he bought an AG sable 401 for fun.

3 Likes

Edit - this is an announcement preview - the livestream is today (27th Aug)

Chad in session with Bernie Grundman, Ryan Smith, Mike Ludwig for a Q&A about how to produce the perfect record.

Have YOU been mis-sold “all analogue” vinyls? YOU may be entitled to compensation. Call us on 0800 DEAFCUNT to discuss your claim.

5 Likes

Only in the US tho’