HMV tits up again. Bricks & mortar retailing is it fucked?

:scream:

No more “under the radar” purchases. Oxford Street flagship closing :disappointed:
In fact, it’s shutters went down this morning.

Plymouth one gone

Bristol Cribbs and FOPP going. :worried:

FOPP Oxford bites the dust.

VB

IS THERE NO END TO THIS DISASTER :scream_cat:

Fopp in MCR bites the dust and Liverpool HMV stays open just to riff on my despair.

:persevere:

The only Godsend is that High Wycombe doesn’t appear on the list.
Reading going is fine as there is The Sound Machine which is very betterer.

The lack of vinyl retailers in this area is really sad. The Music Box in Wallingford closed (which isn’t surprising given the poor service) and the best option being a much longer trip to the Truck Store in Oxford, there’s nothing much else.

Wow, Manchester Trafford centre and Manchester Fopp. Every time I go in either of them they’re busy. Suppose they’re going to concentrate the local business into the Arndale one.

Wigan stays open, yay!

Cambridge Fopp survives. Was in there this morning.

Was in an antiques store today with various 'his masters voice ’ memorabilia including an old horn record player . Sadly i dont think they will last long really

Relativity fail.

I assume Fopp off Charing Cross Rd is staying. Be sad to see HMV no.1 go.

Even after I bought A star is born soundtrack for her in there for Christmas. I feel doubly cheated now.

I too hope Fopp Shaftesbury Avenue stays.

At least we have to be thankful we’re not going to get boxes full of cheap Umbro socks and an Adidas trainer section in each store.

Fopp in oxford is closing. The last record shop in the city with a half decent selection of new vinyl

Bugger.

I’ll go to Fopp this weekend when I’m in Bristol seeing the Sooty show.

Hopefully you will be able to grab a copy of this in Fopp and get it signed by Sooty at the show.

:slight_smile:

Possibly closed already

Rough Trade is only 5 minutes walk.