Holidays

Last walk in Tuscany today, a nice wander up from the valley

along overgrown tracks

to the summit of the local hill

17.6km with 630m of ascent, so took a bit over 7 hours to enjoy the views on a warm day.

17 Likes

Dubai next week.

Gonna be hot! Any suggestions for things to do? On the palm and donā€™t want to stray too farā€¦
Aquarium and afternoon tea only ideas we have!

Hide from the heat. Thereā€™s nothing to do there that doesnā€™t involve spending vast sums of money.

Iā€™m moving onto Singapore tomorrow for 36 hours. Any tips on how to use my time?

1 Like

We are HB thankfully so donā€™t intend on going large anywhere. Thereā€™s a pool along all the villas frontage so itā€™s into that and back under the brolly I expect.

Eat as much mudcrab as you can possibly manage if it is in season. Food of the gods.

Soft shell crab shoorley :thinking:

1 Like

You are obviously correct. I shall have no crab as punishment. The advice still stands as meant though. When in Singapore: FACE.DOWN.IN.A.TROUGH.OF.CRAB.

1 Like

Get a flight to somewhere else.

3 Likes

We didnā€™t see any rain at all until the Saturday before we came home and then it was light showers. June is the start of the wet season so they will be getting a lot more.

1 Like

Itā€™s always surprised me that people want to go to Dubai.

4 Likes

We want to see it. Itā€™s a multi stop trip and then itā€™s ticked off.
Iā€™ve not had a bad report from anyone who has been and the hotels we have booked are stunning. Canā€™t wait.

1 Like

Best place to eat crab is Changi Village. The traffic jams are epic as EVERY Singaporean heads out there on a Sunday afternoon.

We shall be there on a Tuesday, so I shall endeavour to eat my body weight when there in February.

Oops ! Yes, we have booked our trip for Oz.

9 Likes

Lovely time of year to be in Straya/to be out of the UK. Jealous.

1 Like

Plenty of wrangling with family (the ones we like) before pushing the button.

Had to be done, and Narelleā€™s over the moon.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got to go next year. Will need to sort the feckinā€™ chemo out though as Iā€™m on a four week cycle and there is no way Iā€™m going for less than 6 weeks.

3 Likes

As weā€™re still working, we are going for 4 weeks. Well, thereā€™ll be a couple of days either side in Singapore.

Sardinia Tuesday morning, just the wife and I, canā€™t wait

9 Likes

Covid travel passport, 7 days to verify ID, hope it comes through quicker than that.

Just another Brexit bonus.

Itā€™s Amsterdam for fuck sake!

1 Like

Stop fucking whining and think of the lbā€™s and shillings. FFS !