Holidays

very small windows - but you appear to be allowed to open them, so its not a full on jail, maybe a half-way house?

Southwold?

Obviously Doncaster would have been preferable, but sadly it’s booked up years in advance. I have managed to swing a long weekend in Cleethorpes in February 2024 though! :tired_face:

1 Like

14 weeks for us. We absolutely love it.

:shinto_shrine::bullettrain_front::mount_fuji::sushi:

Cleethorpes?

Afraid not, slumming it in Tokyo and Kyoto. I wanted to go to Grimsby then slow speed train to Nuneaton but wasn’t allowed my choice.

1 Like

Oh well, Nuneaton is well worth the wait.

1 Like

What’s not to love - no crime, no litter, healthy food, shinkansen (the only was to travel). It’s great for children (we have a 3yr old) - Disney, Universal, Power Rangers show, transformers land/show, minions land.

It’s our second time. This time we are doing Tokyo, Nagano (snow monkeys), Fuji (weather dependant), Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto (day trip to Nara). We may also do Fukuoka or Nagasaki.

Last time we also did Himeji, the inland sea and Hiroshima (which were all fantastic).

Have you been here -

We haven’t been to the Miho Museum but its now on the list.

This is trip number five since 2005. We have done a mixture of shortish trips and longer trips. One we worked our way to Nagasaki and also over to Takayama(lovely old town and great Art Museum including a replica Mackintosh Room) and Matsumoto(great and original castle). This time we are spending 5 nights in Tokyo and 5 nights in Kyoto both staying in apartment hotels so we can eat more like the locals going to the markets etc.

If you’re going to Nagano you could work you way round to Kyoto via Kanazawa which has great gardens and a different style of castle plus a lovely old town. Nearly visited myself this year but as we are going over Christmas and New Year due to my partners limited leave decided to pass as the trains are likely to be booked out when we wanted to travel.

1 Like

Shanklin IOW

1 Like

Looks lush :heart_eyes:

We visited the IOW a couple of years ago. Strange place.

I would recommend the Dimbola museum in Freshwater & the rocket testing site by the Needles including their repro cardboard control room!

1 Like

Can you not get them to move that bloody clock? Ruining your view… Everyone uses their phones nowadays anyway.

3 Likes

I visited it last week, like going back to the 1950s.

1 Like

That room looks more POW than IOW. Where the hell did you book that?

2 Likes

Cousins in charge. They paid for it. They gave us the Sea View Room :roll_eyes:

It’s actually quite OK.

1 Like

Cousin Kevin/Steven?

1 Like

Nay. Strayan cousins. I akchurly like these guys :crazy_face:

1 Like

I forgot. Osborne House is pretty spectacular too if you can give it the time.

1 Like

Been on a previous visit and agree it’s worth the time.
Tomorrow will feature Ventnor/Bonhurch for family house photos, then the Garlic Farm shop, Carisbrooke Castle and (if there’s enough time) Freshwater and the Needles.

1 Like