Holidays

It was the beautiful waterfall of ordinary route on Idwal.

wow , i was only telling a lady off on sunday for showing off after she had her hip replacement a few weeks ago ā€¦ !! hope he soon recovers

Ah yes, the Slabs in the rainā€¦

post deleted

Ordinary route is no problem in the rainā€¦ I once downclimbed it solo when it was iced up! The hip op, donā€™t stop problem was just bad luck; heā€™d been at the climbing wall the week before doing F6b.

I know - was just musing that I donā€™t think I ever climbed it in the dry. Welsh weather and all that.

Just bad luck as you say, though you were lucky that it didnā€™t happen halfway up in the middle of nowhere.

Aye!
According to the Ogwen Mountain Rescue website it took 6 hours 5 minutes with 22 members attendingā€¦ And that was only a 1.5ish mile walk to the road. I discovered they donā€™t take the path though - they prefer to slide the stretcher as much as possible over grass which meant we spend a lot of time ragging it through bogs!

We have decided to go to Tanzania next year. Bit spendy, but fuck it. Gonna see us some lions n stuff.

5 Likes

Excellent! Take a decent camera and take plenty of pics, but most of all enjoy the experience.

fantastic we went to Tanzania and ended up on the beach in Zanzibar some years ago.

Need a bigger lens. And lots more memory cards. Got a Nikon 5200 with an 18-200 at the mo. Tamron do a 18-400 that might do as a one lens solution.

Will be doing 8 days at different places around the north. Then a night in Stone town and four in Pongwe.

Just get a 2x converter for your Nikon lens. The light out there will be so good that you can afford the reduced aperture.

Maybe. Will have to figure out how wide it goes. Staying on the rim of Ngorongoro a couple of nights and want to get the big view thing in.

Donā€™t swallow!

1 Like

I took a Canon 100-400 with 1.5x - a monopod is handy to keep things steady. The light can actually be quite poor under the cover of trees. Many drives are just after sunrise or just before sunset and you can lose the light rapidly.

What year was that?

2018-11-15_10-40-31

2018-11-15_10-40-13

8 Likes

you are fine with the light out in the open

animals never cooperate and look down the lens

2018-11-15_10-46-52

2 Likes

That first shot is fantastic :+1:

3 Likes