Holidays

Beat me to it. Excellent capture Simon, if that was mine it’d be blown up and framed. Nice one.

2 Likes

Great pics!

I only asked the year because sensors have improved remarkably, esp. for high ISO’s, in the last few years. I took pics of Birds of Paradise in low light and at dawn with ISO’s of 4000+ and they were pretty successful. 10 years ago, I’m not sure that would have been possible. Even saying that, it was 4 years ago when I was in West Papua and that is a long time in digital photography.

1 Like

Yes you are right, those were taken with an EOS 300D (crop sensor). The tree shot was taken at 400mm - heavily cropped.

When I look back at the photos on my server, quite a few suffer with low light. If I went back with my EOS 5D mk3, I suspect problems with low light would be less apparent.

2 Likes

Holidays schmolidays, it’s about time you lot did some bloody graft.

Workshy fuckers.

2 Likes

Don’t eat any asparagus when you’re there :mask:

2 Likes

Off tomorrow to see my eldest daughter in Helsinki, super excited to see her and I haven’t been there since I was 17, may have changed a little. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

In Japan. Started off in Tokyo, then Hakone (Mr Fuji), Osaka, now in Kyoto, Kanazawa on Sunday then Nagano (snow monkeys) before back to Tokyo.

Did Universal studios in Osaka and we’re doing Disney before we come home. Our 3 year old loves it.

Some great HiFi shops in Osaka. Yobadashi Camera in Tokyo was great too.

I’ve also ordered two Hashimoto HR7s which are being delivered to my hotel when I return to Tokyo.

12 Likes

Glad to see your trip is going well. Out of interest how much are the HM7 transformers costing you.

Only 3 weeks on Sunday to go until I am off on my own trip.

How was Hakone (considering a full day trip) and I hope you enjoy Kyoto and Kanazawa. In Kyoto Fushimi Inari is a must if you haven’t already visited.

1 Like

Much snow there ?

Nope, just a scattering. Very windy with high chill factor. On a ferry to Estonia for the day.

Nice. I like Tallinn. Quite a lot to do, see & eat there!

2 Likes

Just tell everyone how much you dislike the Russians, the Russian culture and Putin, then explain that Novichok should be applied to every shithouse seat in the Kremlin.
Sit back and freeload on the freebies you’d get in Estonia.
Lovely place by the way and lovely people.

I am half Russian

2 Likes

Oh shit ! Trouble a brewin’

Which half?

Obvious I would have thought :joy:

1 Like

Oh, err, well err, have a lovely holiday Bobski.

1 Like

Looks like I am in Stockholm for a few days in May. have already sized up a few record shops to visit, anything else worth a trip out in Stockholm? Is there anything cheaper in Stockholm than the UK or some local hooch I should keep an eye open for.

A night out in Stampen (the Pawnshop) for Jazz/Blues & beer.
http://www.stampen.se/

1 Like