Horace's continuing history of self immolating amplifiers

I have a pair of old cyrus mono blocks you can borrow if you want Horace?

I’m not too far away from you so can drop off if you want. Minimum hassle and you get some music.

1 Like

:kissing:

That’s like the greatest avatar in the world. It’s the greatest. The very best.

BIGLY!

Many thanks - will send you a pm shortly.

After reading this - I decided to try out my old Trends class D -Yep It smoked
So I have lost two class d amps in a month. Annoying

1 Like

Just had an email back from Gato.

If I ship the amp to them in Denmark, they’ll fix it and return it free of charge.

Doesn’t get much better than that.

:grin:

9 Likes

Not breaking in the first place would be a bit better.

Yeah, got me there.

Still pretty good for an amp out of warranty.

Can’t argue with that. You won’t get that kind of service post Brexit.

Next challenge: find a relatively affordable way to send a 12 kg parcel containing an expensive amp (insured) to Denmark.

Thankfully, I have the original packaging.

I’ve no experience to draw on here. Any advice?

https://www.interparcel.com/

1 Like

:+1:

6 Likes

U[quote=“horace, post:32, topic:1013, full:true”]
Next challenge: find a relatively affordable way to send a 12 kg parcel containing an expensive amp (insured) to Denmark.

Thankfully, I have the original packaging.

I’ve no experience to draw on here. Any advice?
[/quote]

Get somebody to wrap it for you or disaster awaits.

1 Like

One parcel that I sent to Germany got damaged. Despite it being signed for, I successfully claimed on the insurance, and the main reason for this was that I sent it via Mail Boxes etc, and the guy there was really helpful.

I think they’re pretty expensive in the scheme of things, but it might be worth getting a quote.

1 Like

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

Should be about £32 + insurance if you use the UPS service. Bit less with DPD.

If you can get it below 10kg without the packaging and the physical dimensions are OK then you can carry it onto the Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Copenhagen :slight_smile:.

VB

2 Likes

we used our local branch for sending some valuable glassware to Spain, they were very good. They were more expensive though.

It’s nice to have someone’s opinion about whether the packaging was adequate.

The killer here seems to be insurance. Initial quotes look good, but insuring the amp for its replacement cost seems to increase the price by a factor of about ten in most cases.

Would I need to insure for the cost of a brand new replacement or would its current used value be OK? It makes a massive difference to the quotes.