How do you feel?

Dunno. Let’s see what the press release tomorrow. If I were holding photographs I would make sure that all the Govt talking heads had done BBC, ITV, Sky and Radio 4 before releasing the pictures and moving to stage 3.

Govt lawyer caught with pants on fire is not a good look…

All wishful thinking I fear.

Possibly/probably. It will be fun finding out. The Durham Police have issued a lengthy denial to the Government’s denial that plod were involved.

That’ll help, although it has been reported that they ‘only’ spoke to Cumstains father.

11 Likes

I like the misuse of a Trumpism in the FT to describe the current shambles over Cummings as ‘swamping the drain’.

4 Likes

100% this.

We’re old. We remember a time when it was at least possible for red-handedly corrupt politicians to be shamed or coerced into resigning positions of power.

Those days are gone forever. Over. Finis.

Welcome to Britain The Banana Republic.

We have feral, amoral egomaniacs running entire nations for their own benefit. Clinical schizotypes who have only to utter a statement, for it to become certain truth.

We live in a Post-Facts World. This is what the beginning of the end of civilisation looks like.

Be glad that you are old, and that you enjoyed your youth in better times…

4 Likes

While it’s flowered up, ponced up and dramatised like only the Earl could do, this is pretty close to where we are at, particularly when the perpetrator is the author of the new world handbook.

TB and Rickets eh? Them were the days :grinning:

In a more civilised time, Gollum would be toast, but I reckon you’re right.

1 Like

Tragic “I remember when this was all Mammoth-strewn Tundra” post :sob:

1 Like

I saw them at the Clapham Grand in 87 I think, just before they split up. Support from The Truss if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

“Take a stab at humour” they said…

“Oh fuck it’s bleeding to death” they said…

4 Likes

From newsthump.

3 Likes

FB ads are doing well this morning.

No mention of pootling up the A1(M)…

Today’s New York Times. 1000 death notices on the cover. Really rams the point home…

This hasn’t aged well…

7 Likes

Grant Shatts being reamed by AM is quite amusing this morning

2 Likes

None of their tweets and shit age well. They really should learn to stay away from social media