How f***ing far? 2021 Fetlar invitation: Putting the fun back in Funzie

I’m in. Mad looking that far into the future atm but why not?! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll look into it. I’m guessing that the travel/chemo mix will mean it is too difficult, but I would love to get there.

2 Likes

Im going to fire it at the wife first!

Well the first hurdle has been jumped, she thinks the kids would love the trip

1 Like

Indeed.

However, if the take up is even close to what is being suggested, there will be alternative accommodation to book - which I expect to be in high demand if things are ok next summer.

1 Like

Make sure it’s loaded and the safety catch is off :wink:

1 Like

I’m in :+1:

Just had a discussion about this. It looks like Narelle will be up for this too. So, we’ll probably take a B&B or self catering.

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

With this amount of people it looks like you might have a rolling bake off over a month Paul :grinning:

3 Likes

I could also be interested in this amazing adventure depending on timings and logistics. Perhaps we can charter a couple of aircraft !!! One for passengers and one for kit built by Pete.

1 Like

Anyhow, I’d like to come.

I don’t plan on being in work next year so it would probably be both of us self-catering, or if we end up visiting BiL in NZ next year as well then Fetlar would probably be me on my tod.

1 Like

I’ve discussed it with the wife.

Firstly she wanted to come, but then I explained the journey and she has cooled on that considerably! Still possible though.

Either way it would probably have to be school holidays, as there is every likelihood of reduced school hours meaning work wasn’t possible for her if she had to deal with both kids as well.

Is there the possibility of having a few kids at the bunkhouse? Once they’re in a pack they tend to have a lot more fun.

But anyway yes, I’d love to go!

1 Like

Provisonal list of those expressing interest posted in the OP.

I suppose that southerners could consider flying to Aberdeen, taxi to port then ferry

Bus service from airport to Aberdeen ferry, every 10 minutes. Easy and cheap.

I like an adventure.
I would be up for it if a group of us did it as a travel together lark. Like the idea of shared transport and making sure we don’t take empty seats.

Also conscious that i don’t know some of you as well as others so I’d always defer to others if space was an issue. I’d be happy to help full up a travel group and come, though.

1 Like

While I’d love to come and spoil it for everyone, fucking fuckwit dogs make it impossible - one just can’t travel and the other is psychotic with other dogs, so they couldn’t come with us. If just myself came… sadly Sam’s a lovely lass but cannot be relied-on in much the same way teenaged kids can’t: she selectively forgets absolutely everything that she can’t be arsed with, and that’s almost everything that doesn’t include her beloved job and “Forge of Empires” for every other waking hour… She’s not actually physically strong enough to restrain both dogs if they launch after someone else’s mutt/cat/anything small and hairy during a walk, either…

Fucking dogs, I hate 'em.

3 Likes

That would be my preferred route.
Hove to Aberdeen is a long drive!

1 Like

Nothing compared to doing it from Bordeaux :laughing:

4 Likes

That actually makes your trips to Scalford rather impressive, let alone Fetlar!

Actually, return flights from Bordeaux to Aberdeen can be had for 160€ which isn’t completely ridiculous. Will have a think.

1 Like