Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Who by…a scrap merchant? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wannabe Stormtroopers?

2 Likes

Saw a mint 3.0CSi pull up next to me at a petrol station on Friday. :heart_eyes:

I drove away from my wedding reception in a borrowed & fully ‘kippered’* SWB G Wagen just like that one. As you say horrific to drive. Had to take it over to Paderborn one time, again thoroughly unsuited to Autobahn or motorway driving and as a 3L diesel, guzzling like there was no tomorrow. It was good in snow but living in Brighton there was rarely any need for that attribute.

• stank for ages afterwards. Glad it wasn’t mine.
1 Like

I love them

When BMW bought Glas (Goggomobil) in the late 60’s Glas’s design stylist tried to get BMW to accept his designs. This was the last. BMW 528 GT Coupe.

2 Likes

If the detailing around the middle and back side windows was sorted and the massive gap under the wheel arches removed, it wouldn’t be too bad. :thinking:

The 60s reasons, man :v:

They kept the fugly file for future inspiration

3 Likes

Just needs a fin on the back.

11 Likes

Now here’s how you improve on Jaguar styling, a real touch of class :weary:

Somebody has been watching too many US car customising shows, it’s horrible,

Horrible Bob? Thanks for pointing that out :rofl:

1 Like

I totally understand the whole Custom Car thing. I used to be involved with a club in Adelaide.
But one rule always applies; never, ever, EVER try to make your car look like another manufacturer’s car.
A Jag made to look like a 40s Ford is just Rong !

2 Likes

Harttmann Cadillac V-16

7 Likes

That is fabulous - and huge - I looked at a few other pics of this car and the top of the screen is something like 5’6" above the ground! The height of pre-war glamour, long with the 8C-2900 Alfas

Wouldn’t you just love to turn up for your driving test in that. Or your speed awareness course.

VB

Or your French speeding trial…

7 Likes

I don’t think a trial is needed.

@coco has already proven that he’s pretty good at it.

22 feet long apparently. 7 litre engine. Hard not to find yourself parking like a cunt though.

VB

3 Likes