If a cat has 9 lives,

10 Likes

8 Likes

One of my cats has gone a bit dead. Had her for 12 years and she had a decent life. Not overly sad. Will probably miss the wee bugger when we return home.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

My sympathies Mark.

1 Like

Sorry to read that Mark.

1 Like

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Riley being relaxed about life.

11 Likes

Good to see him happy and great pictures to boot.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lord Boots enjoying some Joni Mitchell …

7 Likes

I’m not sure what position this is :rofl:

8 Likes

Hip-hump or lap-slip?

2 Likes

I’m not in the habit of counting costs when it comes to Squeaky. As a rule, he gets what he needs regardless of cost. We have pet insurance which is relatively expensive, but due to an underlying health condition, we are locked in.

Just been down to get Squeaky’s regular package of 3 x Advocate flea/tick pipettes, plus 1 x MilbeVet worm tablet and paid £38 !!! That’s £152 a year.

Looking elsewhere I have found similar (to mine eyes) products that are much cheaper. Many 1/2 the cost.

Is this the Vets simply wallet gouging ?
Or are these cheaper products (with the same active ingredients) THAT much less effective ?

We get frontline and drontal and I think they are cheaper
They seem to work

1 Like

My vet was charging me £49 for a 3 pack of Advocate for Dogs.

A friend tipped me off to online meds for pets. You need a prescription from the vet which you scan and upload to the online retailer.

I got a prescription for 2 packs of 6 pipettes of Advocate which is a year’s supply. The prescription cost £14 IIRC. The 12 pipettes bought online from Vetscriptions cost £48 so a total of £62 for the year compared to £196 buying from the vet.

Vets make very good margins on over the counter and prescription drugs, but note that some may use this to subsidise other aspects of what they do.

Ours offers the low paid and NHS employees very cheap appointment charges and so on because they want to make sure this isn’t a barrier to getting an unwell pet seen and receiving attention when they need it.

6 Likes