If a cat has 9 lives,

Our Ginger is not well at all. In three days he’s gone from a healthy fat cat to skin and bone. He’s off to the vet in an hour. Fingers crossed he’ll be back to his usual self soon.

10 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for a full recovery. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks fellas. He’s just managed some roast chicken so I think he’s in with a chance :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hope he’s okay. One of our cats has hyper thyroid, yours sounds very similar and it’s quite common unfortunately, obviously I’m not saying it is this.
We opted to give her 3ml of Thyronorm twice a day, and she’s ALOT better.

1 Like

In the complete absence of actual veterinary training, this is also my thought. Hopefully so as medication makes a big difference and quite rapid improvement.

1 Like

Our poor Ginger had acute liver failure. The vet gave us some options but said it would be kinder to put him to sleep so we’ve come home without him. A very sad day for us both but we took him in when his last owners abandoned him and he enjoyed a good life with us and we take comfort from that.

18 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that but you did the right thing. Cherish the memories you have and don’t think about the end.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s really tough, sorry to hear that you didn’t have a better outcome. :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh no, so sorry to hear that :cry:.

1 Like

Thank you all. I think I knew this morning when I picked him up and put him in his basket that he was giving up. We still have our other three cats and a visitor to care for :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Sincere condolences for your loss.

1 Like

That is all anyone could ask for.

2 Likes

Always gut wrenching to lose a cherished and well loved pet.
As you said, you gave Ginger a good life.

1 Like

He just spent about an hour grooming his tail. At first it was all wet and matted… then boom!

9 Likes

That is such sad news.

1 Like

Poor wee Ginger. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family. :cry:

1 Like

So sorry to hear that.

1 Like