Job

As some of you know, I was made redundant from Hewlett-Packard at the start of the year.
It’s been an awful 2 months with interviews and knock backs. To the point I was looking at taking a 10k drop.
A shit morning yesterday when I was told at a third interview they had mis-described the role and it was a junior position, meaning a big drop in salary.
Then at 1730 I had a call from HR of a large company that I interviewed with 6 weeks ago. An odd call where he said "I think I have a job offer for you but need to check"
I’ve been feeling quite negative the last few weeks and expected a call back to say it was a mistake.
It wasn’t!
Call this morning with a formal offer, salary matched previous role and a better package. I start the second week of April.

I can’t describe just what a relief this is!
It’s a good company with worldwide reputation. Some of my ex colleagues work there already and are very happy.

After 2 months of panic and worry I had to share!!

50 Likes

Congratulations. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fantastic news. When are you booking your summer European tour then?

1 Like

Christ, HR don’t know what they’ve let themselves in for!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Really pleased for you mate :+1:

Hopefully it’s relatively local and you’re not having to trade down to a crap commute etc.

1 Like

Excellent news !

I assume you’ve explained that a condition of accepting the job is that they’ll let you get away early on Friday June 29th.

VB

1 Like

Great news - all the best with the new job

1 Like

Nice one Andy :grinning::ok_hand:

1 Like

That is fab news mate - really chuffed for you: get on the lash - it’s Bumsex Thursday :+1:

1 Like

Excellent :+1:

1 Like

Great news :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys. Don’t normally like “look at me” topics but really had to share

Commute is a bit further but out of town so less traffic.

1 Like

Excellent!

I know how first hand how depressing a long period of unemployment can get,
Really pleased for you :+1:

1 Like

Well done, really pleased for you. You must be so relieved after all that worry.

1 Like

Glad to hear your good news. I bet your right arm will also enjoy the rest.

2 Likes

But I’ve not finished the hub yet

1 Like

Great news :+1:

1 Like

Nice one, good luck!

1 Like