Kodi media player on a RPi

Very nice. Any idea how I turn the dark mode off? :smiley:
nvm, found it.

Cheers for that, have just enabled and it looks really good.

Yesterday I discovered by accident that the Pi has an onboard IR receiver and that Kodi, or certainly the LibreElec build of Kodi, can be controlled with a ten year old Panasonic telly remote with absolutely no configuration whatsoever. This both tickled and delighted me in equal measure.

1 Like

I had an issue with my Sony bravia TV when I swapped over to the main TV with no sound on hdmi. Once I put the Tele back up I’m hoping to have some code to write or it may be the old hdmi cable I’ve had connected

Just tried to see if the Pi4 that runs OMV could do Kodi. It worked, but the video quality was rubbish compared to a basic Samsung bluray playing mkv files. Not sure what I am doing wrong there?

Is it transcoding? It should be able to stream with no issue

Not sure. Having swapped some Pis around (Pi2 that was LMS server to PiHole, Pi4 that was Pihole to LMS server player in main system (with lots of fun getting it to work until I found a long enough set of leads to have a wired connection) and a few switches of cases the Pi3 that was PiCarPlayer could be tried on LibreElec to see if that works. Pretty much all of the material would be SD DVD rips in mkv format.

What’s the media encoded with? H.265? You will have driver issues - check the Libreelec forums for details.

tldr: The Pi4 isn’t fully developed yet

Slapped a LibreElec distro on a card to run on the Pi 3B and it looks like it works fine, lots better than the Pi4 with Kodi installed on Raspbian.

Yep thought it might. Still very early days for the Pi4 in Kodi land.

My pi4 is running like a dream until I put it on the main TV a 5 year old bravia and it will not give me sound despite the updates to the config, I will use a better hdmi lead as I tried it on some old crap. Hopefully that will solve still a good month away from the lounge being sorted

The family are loving life through a 22" monitor

Today’s fun: trying to get Kodi to recognise a Hifiberry Digi+ board for audio passthrough.

What ?