Lawnmower action, Middle age; don't fight it, feel it

You won’t be able to get the fuel 10 yrs from now. Would wood pellets and steam be a possible ?

VB

1 Like

Is there a Y in the day? :thinking:

1 Like

Allett Buckingham for croquet.

We have an old Honda rotary with a roller, it’s great for our challenging patch but won’t give the perfect finish you are looking for

Cylinder mowers are the ideal complement to a rotary mower. :wink:

If you want one mower that’ll cope with all circumstances, get the rotary, with a roller if you want some of the striped look. The problem with cylinder mowers is that the lawn needs to be perfectly flat, and they won’t cut any weeds that protrude above the level of the grass. If the grass isn’t cut regularly at any time, you’ll probably need to go over it with a rotary first anyway. They can’t do every cut of the year, but they make a very nice job of it when the conditions are just right. Faff, in a word. So ideal for us. :rofl:

4 Likes

Before the battery mower I had an Atco 450mm cut rotary with roller, it was excellent. I paid £70 for it 10 years ago, and never spent a penny on it, I only sold it for what I paid for it :sunglasses:

Does anyone still make cylinder mowers? :thinking:

If any mower is taking rosette type weeds, you are cutting to low. A rotary with roller will give decent stripes without the faff. Honda probably do the best ones, at a price. Cylinder mowers need to be really well sharpened to cut anything like, and do a great job at leveling bumps. If you have perfect lawn great, if like most you have grass get a rotary.

1 Like

I used to work in Tech Support for a lawnmower manufacturer. As others have said, if you have a nice flat lawn get a cylinder mower for the best cut. If not, get a rotary. It’s worth checking the range of ‘height of cut’ as some will cut lower than others. Some rotaries don’t cut very low at all.

1 Like

Rotary with roller it is.

Splendid.

Gardener/landscaper friend always recommends Toro.

1 Like

This is away for repair/servicing…

And waiting for this to come into stock for quick’n’dirty tidy-ups, been v. pleased with Ryobi kit so far…

2 Likes

Fuck Ryobi. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

We’ve had our Honda go 30 years. Great bit of kit but about £700 now.

Edit so go to an auction for a second hand one.

Or now you live in the NE drop into your local when it opens and place an order.

Decent movie but I preferred the sequel “Ryobi Ravages Rochdale”

1 Like

Ain’t no green plasticy wank going near my lawn.

I’ll tell you that for nowt.

If we were talking G-Tech, I’d heartily agree - jesus christ that stuff is pure rancid shitspackled gash - but meh, I only care what I want, so fuck you AND the pig you rode in on :+1:

2 Likes

Got a Briggs and Stratton 45 engined Atco Admiral rotary here. I’ve owned it 15 years, it’s been serviced twice, fires up first time every season and has never missed a beat.

Can’t fault it tbh.

1 Like

I wanted the Aldi petrol which uses a B&S engine and gets great reviews all over the place, but we missed the latest batch of stock and needed something in a pinch hence the battery abomination. Might give it to the MiL.

Beat me too it.:rofl:

To

Ya bell. :slight_smile:

2 Likes