Mains power clean up?

That’s me, well, I’m due to collect it from JB, as a house move got in the way of hifi for me for a while. I’ll pick it up next week, give it a go then pass on if ok? Apologies @catcando for being so slack

1 Like

No problem. Just trying to keep track of it.
Happy for it to be tried, where needed.

2 Likes

Hi Darren would like to try this please. Thanks

Hi Greg
Would like to try this too if possible.
Thanks

Please see above, as to it’s current location.
I think @J_B has it at he moment, and then it is going to @Spenagio. Contact them.

2 Likes

I’ll get my act together and collect this week, then find a way to get it to @Spider :+1:

1 Like

I only have it because I took it to Lopwell for Spencer and would have passed it to someone else (I can’t remember who) who didn’t make it.

No worries Tim but home bound at the moment so need to get it from leek

My mum in law is on care line so can’t travel too far from leek as I am first response when she falls etc

Let me know when suits, will be interesting to try my stuff without it as pretty much forgot it’s in the system

I have the battery somewhere too if that is of interest, no idea where though

Cheers
Darren

Hi Darren
I can fit in around you most days I’m home for 5pm or can meet you halfway.
What’s the battery? It can power a valve amp?
:+1::+1:

Hi Tim

I am not travelling at the moment sorry as I am on call for my mum in law (that’s why I had to pull out of the bake-off last minute as she is critically ill)

If you are passing leek then happy to lend it to you or maybe someone else could collect for you but I won’t be able to deliver or meet for some time

Cheers
Darren

Ok
I’ll let you know if I’m passing over your way in next few weeks.
Thanks

If it helps, I could pick up from Darren, and will be somewhere over towards Chesterfield over the weekend. (Usually climbing outside somewhere around Hathersage, or in one of the Sheffield walls?)

That would be cool if possible.

Anybody have an opinion or experience to know if this might help?

If non-50Hz noise is coming in on your existing mains lead, or if it’s leaking from that lead into the signal input cables then a clean AC supply might help. If it’s getting in via some other route, possibly from the background 50Hz field in your living room, then it won’t. It could be worth a try though.

Also have a think about location with regard to (acoustic) fan noise.

VB

1 Like

Hi VB - the fan on the AG1500 is fairly quiet - was never obtrusive to my ears when I used it - but agree location mitigates. Thanks for stepping in - I couldn’t answer Tim’s q !

1 Like

On mine you can turn the fan down to make it silent (same model)

Makes a right old noise if it overheats then shuts down so it’s pretty safe to lower the fan speed I know cos mine was propped on a radiator and heated up a bit too much but all was fine

Recommended for euro voltage stuff as it’s 230, my Thomas Mayer gear is powered by it for that reason

Darren

1 Like

I had the AG1500 too, it blew up, I sent it back and they said it was beyond fixing and suggested I buy another…strangely I didn’t feel inclined to

5 Likes

@Spider Try a Blue Jeans LC1 interconnect. It’s not a foo cable but is very well screened so may help with noise.

1 Like

Best not use them in the bath.