Make my mind up re: garage

Are you thinking of moving anytime soon?
If it’s a possibility,the next owner may have a different idea of what they want to use the room for,and the bespoke stuff will be worthless to them

1 Like

The builder, being a man who knows his onions, suggested both things :laughing:

Not sure about the study - we already have a big study (another misused bedroom), and the previous owners also used it in the same way. Our neighbour does exactly the same thing.

The houses themselves are unsuited (IMO) to large families, hence the number of single people and childless (one way and another - lots of gay neighbours) couples occupying houses with what would appear to be a lot of bedrooms.

1 Like

I think this project is part of the wife’s tactics to say a big “NO!” to that question.

1 Like

Give in to her. Nothing is worse than moving house.

3 Likes

@Gyroscope I undestand that you are now a gentleman of leisure but I thought you were still sending the wife out to work?
If she wants it she can pay for it :grinning:

Me and @stu will do it for £4K over a weekend. It will be an abominable job sufficient for you to take the high ground and say “Well we tried darling but perhaps we’d get more pleasure from a listening room rather than a laundry?” You should be able to get that space roofed / boarded and done for the remaining £16K of your budget"

6 Likes

As you are only going to be using it as a utility/laundry room then spunking 8.5k on bespoke cupboards and shelving seems a bit ott. It doesn’t have to look nice, just be functional, which IKEA stuff excels at.

9" wall, English garden wall bond will be the party wall. The stretcher bond areas are the inner leaf of the cavity wall.

1 Like

Our wardrobes came from lkea, we have had them for 12 years and they are as good as the day they were put in. I had to move them recently to decorate, they weigh a fucking ton.

4 Likes

Well done for not falling into the ‘ebay trap’ when taking that photo!

1 Like

I’m not ashamed of being in the closet…

5 Likes

What about having full length mirrors right next to your bed? :wink:

Nope, I’ve been fasting…

1 Like

You can’t see farts in a mirror…

Oh, sorry “fasting” :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yeah bollocks to 7k cupboards in a garage. Get some manly metal racking in there and box it in with some mdf. Jesus man.

1 Like

That will not keep the Wife in there though!

Exactly, £7k handcuffs.